The Ride

What tires do you have?

Potenza RE 050 225/40r18 (front) 255/40r18 (rear)

Mine came with the Dunlops. I haven't noticed the ride being uncomfortable or unusually harsh, but then I was driving a IS300 before. It may depend on what you were used to before. Actually I find the ride quite good, but nicely snubbed when it needs to be.

Can't say I know the feel of the 18's, but the 17's are pretty bumpy as well. Suspension feels great, but still stiff when it comes to dampening small imperfections on the road. Simply a characteristic of low profile tires and short wheelbase.

Tho, one thing thats always bothered me, coming from my first car which was a Chrysler Sebring (was 215/50/17's), its ride did not feel nearly as harsh. The suspension on that car had something like a multi-coil design. Where the compression was variable. Wondering if this concept was implemented in the IS? I would hope so.

Well, push that Sebring into some corners and see how it handles next to your IS, its a barge. The rough ride of the IS is a combination of low profile tires, a firmly damped sport suspension, and a short wheelbase. You can't have your cake and eat it too...

The ES for instance rides on 215/50/17s and it rides totally differently than the IS, its designed for an entirely different purpose just like the Sebring was.

What tires do you have?

Potenza RE 050 225/40r18 (front) 255/40r18 (rear)

Mine came with the Dunlops. I haven't noticed the ride being uncomfortable or unusually harsh, but then I was driving a IS300 before. It may depend on what you were used to before. Actually I find the ride quite good, but nicely snubbed when it needs to be.

how much of a difference do you think the potenzas make. and also i opted for a tires for life package at my dealer where they will put factory recommended tires on, so when im needing these new tires, will i get dunlops or potenzas from the dealer? in other words are all new IS's coming with potenzas rather than dunlops?