Blackberry 8100 (pearl) And Linking To Ls460

Just got the Blackberry Pearl (8100) and have only intermittently been able to link it via bluetooth with my LS460. When it is paired, it "comes and goes", losing the link unexpectedly and as unexpectedly resuming the link. Has anyone else had this problem? Prior to this, had the Motorola Razor V3 and had absolutely no problem linking and keeping the link. Both phones are through Cingular. Just wanted to know if this is a global issue with this Blackberry or a very specific problem with the phone that I own. Thanks in advance.

Just got the Blackberry Pearl (8100) and have only intermittently been able to link it via bluetooth with my LS460. When it is paired, it "comes and goes", losing the link unexpectedly and as unexpectedly resuming the link. Has anyone else had this problem? Prior to this, had the Motorola Razor V3 and had absolutely no problem linking and keeping the link. Both phones are through Cingular. Just wanted to know if this is a global issue with this Blackberry or a very specific problem with the phone that I own. Thanks in advance.

I have my Blackberry 8700C linked and it works very well. Have not lost the link at any time from what I see. Mine is also thru CIngular

Check that you have device set up as trusted and that you have most current os. Check on Cingular's site or RIM's. The Cingular Pearl isn't listed on the Lexus site, but the Tmobile one is. You may also want to check on the Blackberryforums site. They have a section for bluetooth.

Thank you for your responses. I was able to resolve the issue by exchanging for a new Blackberry Pearl... works flawlessly now. So for future individuals who want to know whether the Blackberry Pearl will link via Bluetooth and the LS, it will!

• 1 year later...

Have just taken delivery of LS 460 in Australia and very very frustrated with exactly the problem you were having over 18 months ago. My service providor is Optus.

Possibly some of the forum readers have solved this problem,???, if so can it be rectified other than by changing service providors?. :unsure:

I have just posted a reference to the same problem under OZTED, if you are still using the forum your inputs would be appreciated.