Possible Engine Flush Gone Wrong? Help Me

mairella

I have a 2000 ES. It has 166k miles on it. I just got an engine flush to help clean out the sludge/gelling in the engine. (I wanted to try the method that was posted but I am a girl and it seem to difficult - so I let someone else do it). Well, now, when I accellarate, when I slam it, the engine makes an low revving sound. It sounds like my old 88' camary. It only occurs when the RPM is above 2500 though. And only if I really hit it. Normal accellaration is normal sounding. They put 5w30 synthetic back into the car afterwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I hope they didn't jack up my car.

BTW, I did take my car in and had Lexus fix the recall, but it only made my engine worse. More fuel and oil consumption, that's why I thought the engine flush would be a good idea. Thanks everyone!

I'm not sure, it came in a big black jug - almost like motor oil jug. It was done at a oil change place. They only let the engine idle about 5 min or so. I know that you are suppose to put a stabilizer or something back into the engine...but I'm not sure what they did or didn't do.

Uh, that would make me nervous... I'd change the oil just to be sure what was in there was all good clean oil... then throw in a bottle of Rizlone (some may jump on me for throwing in an additive, but I've used Rizlone for years, and I've noticed results with smoothness and quietness on my higher mileage vehicles... plus it's cheap :P )

I haven't heard anything like this... makes me nervous to think of someone putting something into their crankcase, and they don't know what it is other than being in a big black jug. I'd drain it all out and replace, to ensure I knew what was in my engine.

I haven't heard anything like this... makes me nervous to think of someone putting something into their crankcase, and they don't know what it is other than being in a big black jug. I'd drain it all out and replace, to ensure I knew what was in my engine.

I second that - these oil change places don't have the highest reputation as it is. I'd want to be sure there is good clean oil in there. The only way to know for sure is to drain it out and refill it.....not very expensive and may save you major problems down the road (pun intended). :P

Agreed. Drain it & re-fill it. Think about changing your spark plugs.

You never know what those idiots do.

Mad props for atleast sounding like you thought about doing it yourself.

Not only is having a !Removed! not a requirement. But chicks that can do basic maitnenance are *BLEEP*ing hot! Trust me. :P