Spots On Instrument Panel

I am the proud new owner of a 2000 GS 300. The glass/plastic covering the instrument panel has several white spots on it. It looks like overspray of something. At any rate, they will not come off. I was wondering if it is possible to replace the plastic or do I have to replace the entire instrument cluster? The turn signal indicators have the same problem but I am planning on replacing with the 01+ surround.

I will give that a try and post pics of the before/after.

I tried to find meguires number 10 and 17 plastic polish but couldn't find it in a local store. I tried the PlasticX cleaner and didn't have any luck. :angry: Guess I will order number 10 and 17.

Looked around at a few more stores to try and find a different plastic polish but could not. I decided to give the PlastX another try. This time I managed to get the spots off the turn signal indicators.

1. Removed instrument trim and removed turn signals.

2. Cleaned with windex.

3. Put the PlastX on a microfiber cloth and scrubbed each signal for about 5 minutes, occasionally wiping the indicator with a clean microfiber cloth and reapplying PlastX.

I can see faint scratches from cleaning the indicators if I look very closely. As I understand it, the PlastX is an abrasive cleaner so I am not surprised. I think some plastic polish will make it look like new but overall happy with the results.

I started on my guages but at 5 minutes a spot it is going to take a long time. I may get one of those powerball polishers you attach to a drill. Anyone ever used?

(Tried to take pics but couldn't get any that showed that spots.)