Saddle Soap

I used the cocoa butter just a little bit today (as recommended here) but the smell is just a bit too much for me.

So, I bought some saddle soap today and am curioius to know if anyone here has used this with good/bad/otherwise results on their leather interior... ?? :geek:

You dont want to use saddle soap on the leather seats, I've heard cases of it darkening the leather, making it too oily etc.

Have you tried using the woolite solution I've posted before? You can also use Dove soap, I've read that elsewhere but I've never tried it.

You'd be surprised, it could cause it to look stained.

If you mix woolite and water, 1:6 (1 part woolite to 6 parts water) and put it in a spray bottle it makes the best leather cleaner on earth.

If you mix woolite and water, 1:6 (1 part woolite to 6 parts water) and put it in a spray bottle it makes the best leather cleaner on earth.

Woolite?! Are you serious? That's wild. I bet it smells great :)

How'd you discover this anyway??

A member on another detailing board came up with it.

Actually back in the 80s and 90s it was Cadillac's remedy. You didnt buy your Lexus new, but when they come new they have a tag hanging from the headrest of the drivers seat, it tells all about the leather and how to properly care for it. Back in the 80s and 90s thats what Cadillac said to do, thats where he got it. It works great. You can use it to clean everything inside the car, the dash, carpet, leather etc. Shiny stuff (glass wood) no, but everything that is plastic or rubber or leather.