New Whells For Es 300, 1992

I want my car to look tight as hell. I have an ES 300 1992, pearl white and I need to know what medium size wheels I should put on. I'm not going on performance obviously, but rather looks. The only problem is that I don't know anything about wheel dimensions, especially for an old ES like that. Any picture samples would help, too.

Thanks in advance.

I want my car to look tight as hell. I have an ES 300 1992, pearl white and I need to know what medium size wheels I should put on. I'm not going on performance obviously, but rather looks. The only problem is that I don't know anything about wheel dimensions, especially for an old ES like that. Any picture samples would help, too.

Thanks in advance.

I have a 1992 ES300 with 17x7 new style Avalon / Solara ( same fitment as 2007 ES ) 235/45-17, Factory wheels don't vibrate, but they look great and handles way better than the 15" Stocks

[

I have a 1992 ES300 with 17x7 new style Avalon / Solara ( same fitment as 2007 ES ) 235/45-17, Factory wheels don't vibrate, but they look great and handles way better than the 15" Stocks

How do your wheels and tires fit. I changed mine to Borbet type T 16 X 7 with 205/60-16. I have no room for bigger tires without modifying wheel wells or suspension and keeping clearence.

[

How do your wheels and tires fit. I changed mine to Borbet type T 16 X 7 with 205/60-16. I have no room for bigger tires without modifying wheel wells or suspension and keeping clearence.

You can fit 18 or 19 inch on there. You just can't increase the overall height of your wheel / tire combination by much. Goto tires.com and there is a calculator to show you what the overall diameter is of your stock, and your proposed size.

You are using a 60 series tire, which is 60 % as tall as wide, mine are 45 series. Roughly 45% of 235 is the sidewall height. You are taking 60% of 205 twice plus your rim diameter to equal your overall diameter.

These cars will take a 225/50-17 or 235-45-17. When you are on the tires.com website, just type in your vehicle info and hit view alternate plus one and plus two sizes. They have done all the testing for you.

Using stock or factory wheels always helps, car manufacturers are much more conservative that aftermarket wheel makers when it comes to offset. The more offset you have say, 45mm from center, the bigger the tire you can run. If the wheel is more like a 30-35mm offset, it will push the wheel outward from the mounting flange by the difference 10-15mm making it much more likely for your tire to rub the fenderlip.

I hope this helps/

Also read the FAQ

I read the FAQ's and know all about plus and minus sizing. My wheels are 16 X 7 with 205's. I could have gone to a larger diameter but the profile must go down. I drove some Es's with 17 and 18 but the tires were hard to find that were proper diameter so they ended up with a crappy ride. I have maybe 10mm adding both sides in the rear so any wider tire would rub. I tried some 225's but to clear the fender they were up against the strut. I also have seen a few cars that blistered their paint.