Has Anyone Else Replaced The Stock Sub?

thanks for the replies guys. i've actually replaced the 10" in the stock spot and added a custom box mounted from underneath as well as a seperate gain control for the sub.

i was actually wondering, how others who've done this like it? i'm not that happy with it because the stock radio automatically reduces volume to the sub at higher volumes. considering i listen to all types of music from jazz to rap, classical to rock, and everything between, i'm just not getting enough bass for certain types of music. anyway i'm thinking i should go with 2 10" subs to help compensate.

Well I did add an amp and a custom speaker box to the stock system in my 92 ES. Here in So Cal there's hardly a concept of "not enough bass". It was pretty boomin'

:rolleyes:

But I'm happy with the stock system in my 98 ES and I'm not going upgrade or add to it.

In fact my old amp and speaker box are in my dining room right now. Good for holding martini's. B)

I know this post was specifically regarding the 99 + up GS -sorry mrsebastian ;)