New Lexus Owner Need Help

kennethwong

Just bought a 2000 Lexus LX 470. But it doesn't go with a onwer's manual. Need some help on the following:

1. Why after setting the suspension to 'L' or 'H', it will automatically go back to the 'N' mode when the car moves for a few seconds. How can I stay with the selected mode?

2. When to press the button with the 'four wheels and a cross' symbol? What's the function?

3. When to use H, N and L gear out of the small gear stick?

Thank :unsure: s for the great help!

ken

Just bought a 2000 Lexus LX 470. But it doesn't go with a onwer's manual. Need some help on the following:

1. Why after setting the suspension to 'L' or 'H', it will automatically go back to the 'N' mode when the car moves for a few seconds. How can I stay with the selected mode?

2. When to press the button with the 'four wheels and a cross' symbol? What's the function?

ken

If you log onto lexus.com and register your vehicle (free) it will provide you with an owners manual (via acrobat) or you can send a request to get one for free. If you don't want to do that here are some answers to your questions:

1. safety feature, if you're zooming down the freeway and you're in H, your center of gravity is too high, thus a potential rollover, L is used primarily to ease the egress for passengers and for loading purposes. If you want to stay in the selected mode, select your desired mode the turn "OFF" the automatic feature while in that mode.

2. In extreme situations, stuck in mud, snow etc.

3. If in N, there is no power to your wheels at all. H for higher speeds, L for lower speeds, climbing steep hills, towing.

Hope this helps

ken

If you log onto lexus.com and register your vehicle (free) it will provide you with an owners manual (via acrobat) or you can send a request to get one for free. If you don't want to do that here are some answers to your questions:

1. safety feature, if you're zooming down the freeway and you're in H, your center of gravity is too high, thus a potential rollover, L is used primarily to ease the egress for passengers and for loading purposes. If you want to stay in the selected mode, select your desired mode the turn "OFF" the automatic feature while in that mode.

3. If in N, there is no power to your wheels at all. H for higher speeds, L for lower speeds, climbing steep hills, towing.

Hope this helps

In my 2004 Low is so low you could only use for VERY slow speeds. Your transmission will click thru all gear quickly and you will be hitting a whopping 20mph.

As far as raising and lowering the body, I find no way to turn off this funtion. I do not think the 2004 will allow you to leave it in other than medium height over a certin speed.

• 6 months later...

ken

Hope this helps

In my 2004 Low is so low you could only use for VERY slow speeds. Your transmission will click thru all gear quickly and you will be hitting a whopping 20mph.

As far as raising and lowering the body, I find no way to turn off this funtion. I do not think the 2004 will allow you to leave it in other than medium height over a certin speed.

I'M NEW!!! HOW DO I POST???