Review Of The 2007 Es 350

Lexusfreak

For the 350 owners, what is your take on the road noise?

And...

What type of changes is a car maker, in this case Lexus, willing to make for the next model year? I, like many, don't always like buying the first year of a new model. So if we wait a year or two, how much of a change can one expect? Would they change the body if it could improve the car? Side mirrors?

They're critical yes, but I do agree with some of their comments, one mainly being for every super quality feature of the interior theres an overly economical feature to offset it. I still think the interior on thye previous car exudes more quality on an overall level.

As far as noise, in the 350 I drove I didn't think there was more noise than in mine. The engine note is more distinct, but all the new Lexus cars are that way. I have heard from others that they think noise levels are higher than in the previous car.

Remember that the ride of a Lexus heavily depends on the tires. Overinflated or lousy tires make the ride much louder than it is on properly infated quality tires. Who knows what this test vehicle had.

And...

What type of changes is a car maker, in this case Lexus, willing to make for the next model year? I, like many, don't always like buying the first year of a new model.

I'm the same way as well. B)

:cheers:

And...

What type of changes is a car maker, in this case Lexus, willing to make for the next model year? I, like many, don't always like buying the first year of a new model.

I'm the same way as well. B)

:cheers:

I have been the owner of 1- ES250('91), 2- ES300's('94 & '03), and now the ES350, and I can honestly say that this '07 model is the quietest running, best performing car of any of my previous models!

My model has a build date of 3/06, so it probably is one of the earliest ES350's manufactured by Lexus. I was also very concerned about buying this car since I always liked waiting so some of the bugs, if any, were worked out, but so far after 6 months of ownership I haven't had one single problem to complain about.

The guy who wrote that road test of the ES350 is totally full of crap IMO, and he sure sounds like he has a bone to pick with Lexus products in general!! It reminds me of some of the stupid blogs I read about any new product that hits the market.

I'm a pretty critical automobile owner, and having owned approximately 40 autos in my lifetime, from Fords to Cadillacs, I have been loving this '07 ES more then any model I've owned in the past...so far. :)

What type of changes is a car maker, in this case Lexus, willing to make for the next model year? I, like many, don't always like buying the first year of a new model. So if we wait a year or two, how much of a change can one expect? Would they change the body if it could improve the car? Side mirrors?

Lexus makes changes to address quality issues mid model, most carmakers don't do that and wait for the next model year. So, you would probably be fine with a late model 07.

While out for a test drive of the new LS 460 today I took another new ES out as well.

Fully loaded with UL package. It had everything but radar cruise which the salesman said they only special order because we have too much rain in this part of the country (northwest) and depending on how hard its raining, it can have an adverse effect causing the car to speed up and slow down. Sounds a bit strange to me but what do I know?

The car was white with cashmere and the dealership had chromed the wheels for an additional 2K. It also had the protective film on the nose, doors and handle recesses, a slightly darker tint to the windows which gave good contrast to the white along with a gold pin strip down the side that gave a nice visual touch to the otherwise somewhat bland slab sides. The gold package for the emblems and rear lettering finished it off.

Comparing it to the new LS I have to say the ES is a much better bang for the buck and the technology packed into it is first rate.

Of course I shouldn't really be comparing the two as they are two completely different cars although they share several options.

Pat