How Much Did You Pay For Your Is

I plan to custom build my 2007 IS 250 Auto with the following options:

Luxury Package

NAVI / ML

XM

Rear Spoiler

-------------------------

Total w/ destination is about $35,901 (invoice).

The deal I get through BJs (similar to Costco) is $1,200 over invoice.

Thus, I'm getting this car loaded for $37,101 plus TTL. Unfortunately, these cars are in high demand on the East Coast ...

Alex

Everybody needs to understand something, what dealers are willing to let a car go for varies GREATLY depending on their location. Everyone who is posting amazing near invoice or sub invoice deals (I don;t buy sub-invoice, they're making profit somewhere else there) are coming out of CA. The car market in CA is completely different from anywhere else in the country because you have a concentration of "mega dealers" there like Longo and Mission Vejo that sell an unbelievable amount of cars and do a real volume business. A dealer in Colorado for instance can't sell a car for what Longo can. Its more similar to CA here, in NJ, and in FL, but its still not the same.

You also have to understand how the car dealership business works. They don't make a lot of money on the sale of cars. The profit margin on them is pretty tight, and they don't sell huge volume like a Ford or Toyota dealer does and most of the dealer's profit winds up going to the salesperson. Dealerships make their money in the service department, sales is almost a loss leader. So, to a dealership service conversion is important. So, when people say "dealers are millionaires for a reason" on top of the fact that they really don't know what they're talking about (car dealerships are a tough business to run) that money is made in service, not sales.

So really, the person you're negotiating with for the sale is the salesperson and their manager. The profit on a car like an IS after a lot of negotiating might really be $400 for the salesman. Whether he's willing to do that or not depends on how many of them he sells a month. If its 20 then thats one thing, if its 5? Different story.

Just picked up our IS250 last night. Traded in our 2003 GS430. While the IS is down on brute power (in comparison) it is a kick to drive. We got NAV and sport pkg.. chrome 18s, spoiler, pedals.. and hit 35k otd.

Our dealer was very good. I've bought about 8 brand new cars in my lifetime, and probably double that in used cars from dealers, and Lexus in Thousand Oaks, CA was extremely good/quick.

• 4 months later...
is250 awd - standard package w/wood trim - $33,000 otd - Oregon = no sales tax!! B)

HI, I'm in Portland also and currently thinking about buying IS250. Do you have any buying tip in this are?

Fully loaded IS250 in SGM with black leather cost me over $64,000 (£32K+ in UK). Doesn't that just make you all feel better???

OMFG!!! Well,... at least you have a car that very few people have over there. I just moved back from Paris to LA and bought a 2007 is350 fully loaded (luxury w/Mark Levinson, 18" wheels with pimpy chrome rims) :whistles: for 42k USD. You are a brave man. Enjoy your Lexus.

Fully loaded IS250 in SGM with black leather cost me over $64,000 (£32K+ in UK). Doesn't that just make you all feel better???

OMFG!!! Well,... at least you have a car that very few people have over there. I just moved back from Paris to LA and bought a 2007 is350 fully loaded (luxury w/Mark Levinson, 18" wheels with pimpy chrome rims) :whistles: for 42k USD. You are a brave man. Enjoy your Lexus.

Well I could have paid $100,000 for an Audi RS4, but I'm very happy with the Lex, so much so that my wife has one too... :D