My Purchase Needs Work!

OmarG

Hey guys, i need your help. I just got back from testing my car and the fastest 0-60 time i could get was 9.5 secs. The car runs great but the exaust sounds more warbley in the 94 than in the 93. The 93 is faster about 8.1 for 0-60 and quieter.

Also when breifly tap the gas in idle, the car sputters and stumbles slightly and rpms drop momentarily.

What do you think is wrong?

Thanks!

Hi OmarG!! :)

I hope you're OK.

I've owned my 1993 LS400 for almost 3 years now. A LOT of money has been spent trying to solve ITS problem with slow acceleration. Nothing as really helped. It often feels as though I'm towing a small trailer. My car takes anywhere from 11 to 13 seconds to reach 60 MPH. The only thing left to change is the right ignition coil - which has been on order for about a week now. If that doesn't magically solve the problem - I'll just have to accept that my car is a bit of a dud. [because I can't think of anything else TO do] My car ALSO sputters and stumbles and the RPM's drop whenever I VERY briefly tap the gas pedal when idling. Once in a while the RPM's will drop so low [when tapping the gas pedal at idle] that the engine almost stalls.

If you find a solution to the problem - please - OH PLEASE - let me know!!

Thanks and good luck.

Craig!! :)

OH NO! u have the same symptoms! as my black jade! I think the car needs a tune up but I will tell you if it helped. It doesn't necessarily feel slow. It just is. 9-10 secs for 0-60. I hope the tune up and some seafoam helps!

Hi pettit!! :)

Thanks for the suggestion. But the fuel pump and fuel filter have already been replaced with new. [Among many other things] None of it has helped. :(

The dealer has my car again. They gave me a 2005 V8 Toyota 4Runner to drive. I can't complain about the service - that's for sure. I've lost count of all the courtesy cars I've been given.

OH NO! u have the same symptoms! as my black jade!

Hi OmarG!! :)

You know something? Maybe it's the 'Black Jade' colour that's causing all the problems!! lol :P

Good luck with the seafoam. Please tell me how that works out.