Seat Adjust Motor Malfunctioning...

Alex930

My 95 Es300 is having a slight problem with the driver's seat. The seat adjustor will move closer or farther from the steering wheel with ease. This also is true for the back of the seat, which angles the seat higher or lower, depending on how you want to lean in the seat. The problem comes when I want to adjust the bottom part of the seat. The front (pushing the front of the lever down) works fine, but the back does not work at all. Is there a wire I should be looking for to correct the problem...or is it a harder thing to fix? It's only that one direction, too. the passenger's seat works fine in all directions. Hopfully I articulated well enough for an answer.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

That is correct, but I still don't know what I should be looking for under there...I've looked the past couple of days, but can't see anything out of the ordinary (like a loose wire/connector). The rear does work for about 2 seconds, then dies out...so I know the connection is still active, but don't know why it dies out. What am I missing?

• 1 month later...