Nitrogen In Tires

timothy

hello, just wondering about the use of nitrogen in tires. I have a 04 es 330 with Toyo Spectrum touring tires. The car is driven about 2-3 times a week till after next year. garage kept. is it worth it or not? I know these tires don't get good mileage, they have about 600 miles on them. thanks.

Timothy

IMHO stick with filling the tires with regular air. You said that you only take your car out 2-3 times a week, which I assume adds up to low number of miles driven per year (i.e. less than 10K). I've seen results of 1-2 MPG improvement from just filling the tires with nitrogen, but this is done mainly on owners who drive every day and put a lot of miles each year. Nitrogen-filled tires may make some economical sense for the daily driver, but I don't believe there is much benefit in the long run for an owner who doesn't drive much.

Don't get me starter on nitrogen in tires LOL.

There's a thread in the tires forum if you want my opinion ;)

thanks for all the info. I'll check the tire thread, air has been working great all these years, its not a race car or jet, thanks again.

Timothy

My van, toyota sienna, just got new tires from costco, which they fill up with nitrogren automatically. Honestly, i feel no difference with ride quality whatsoever and im too lazy to figure out mileage per gallon because the car doesnt have one of those calculators on board. I dont think its worth it. but its free at costco...