Rx350 Owners--gas Mileage

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. Guess I've just been having too much fun out there driving!! So far, I am pleased with the mpg of my RX350. Since I've hit 11,000 miles, I can say I have had plenty of experience at the gas pump. Repeatedly, on the short hauls (continual stopping for lights and signs) I average a little better than 19 mpg. On the long haul, on more than one occasion I have hit 29mpg on steady turnpike driving over a period of 2 hours. But that is a rarity. Highway averages 25-27, depending on number of stops if any, accelerations for passing, bottlenecks, etc. And yes, I have done the math myself and found it correlates very very closely to the MPG reading in the car. What I have found very interesting is the fact that my short runs in the mountains even with all the hills seem to average well over 20mpg. I guess it's because of the lack of stops from point to point even though I may be travelling at the same speed as I do for the short runs at home in flat NJ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

averaging 22 mpg but I'm still on my first gallon :cheers:

Me too. Very first tankful got 22 mpg about 60% highway and 40% city.

I suppose this only gets better?...BTW, the NAV mpg is almost dead on to

what I calculated manually.