Xm Satellite Radio Advice

Ok heres the deal. I dont have XM on my car from the factory but to have it installed at Lexus they charge 600ish installed. I was thinking about getting XM because everyone I have asked about it praise it like it is the second comming of christ. Plus I think I could get a lot out of it.

Here is the problem. I dont know if i should get the factory install or buy the new portable Pioneer XM 50 gig radio. The radio is 350 and with the car install it will be about 500ish after tax and all. I would be able to get XM in the car, while i am out of the car, or in the house.

Lexus said they would do the install for the factory for 450ish to cut me a deal and i could buy a home radio reciever for about 100 that comes with everything i need for the house. I could only use it in the car or the house though.

I guess i am curious as to if you all think it is worth having it dealer installed, i mean the 07 comes with the sharkfin with or without XM so that doesnt add as a perk.

What do you guys think.

thanks. Oh and my car should be here in a few days....cannot wait. so damn anxious.

J

post-28056-1156896664_thumb.jpg

Ok heres the deal. I dont have XM on my car from the factory but to have it installed at Lexus they charge 600ish installed. I was thinking about getting XM because everyone I have asked about it praise it like it is the second comming of christ. Plus I think I could get a lot out of it.

Here is the problem. I dont know if i should get the factory install or buy the new portable Pioneer XM 50 gig radio. The radio is 350 and with the car install it will be about 500ish after tax and all. I would be able to get XM in the car, while i am out of the car, or in the house.

Lexus said they would do the install for the factory for 450ish to cut me a deal and i could buy a home radio reciever for about 100 that comes with everything i need for the house. I could only use it in the car or the house though.

I guess i am curious as to if you all think it is worth having it dealer installed, i mean the 07 comes with the sharkfin with or without XM so that doesnt add as a perk.

What do you guys think.

thanks. Oh and my car should be here in a few days....cannot wait. so damn anxious.

J

Doesnt the dealer XM have the traffic info for the nav?

Only you can answer this question.

Would you rather have a portable system that can be pulled out anytime you want, or would you prefer to have something that is linked through your NAV system menus?

Also, the portable system leaves you with the decision of where do you want to mount it?

Obviously, somewhere out of the way from legs and dash controls, without blocking the view of the driver, looking out of place and most importantly, it needs to be installed in a place that doesn't scream...

:o "Hey, smash the window on this beuatiful IS and steal me!!!" :o

well if i get the portable one i can use it anywhere in the world. and when it is in my car i can just hook it up to the mp3 port. so no need for professional install. so 350 otd.

only has traffic for certain areas at the moment. not in oklahoma. only cows and rednecks dont show up on gps. lol

well if i get the portable one i can use it anywhere in the world. and when it is in my car i can just hook it up to the mp3 port. so no need for professional install. so 350 otd.

You still have to route an antenna...

I'd get the Lexus install simply because I know from experience how aggrivating it is to have to open the armrest to change channels, and then also get the Pioneer with a 2nd discounted subscription.

• 8 months later...

XM adapter $299 http://www.soundgate.com/index.php?request...goryid=225&

+ XM receiver and antenna $100

I just had this done.. works perfectly with the stock head unit sat controller.

:cheers:

What do you guys think.

J