Sc 430 - Opern Top Remotely

LC6529

Has anyone tried this product?

I just located a company that sells a product that will allow me to open my top

remotely using the remote fob!

http://www.luxurymotorworks.com/luxlink_remote_top.php

Too bad my local Lexus Dealer won't install it...

I'm going to find someone to install this...

hi,

i'm an auto electronics installer and i've done everything to my own lexus. I've checked out the website link you have and it quotes that there is no wiring that needs to be cut. The luxlink is a module that goes in between a harness that is already in the car. All you have to do is unplug it and connect each side to the luxlink. I'm pretty sure the company will send you instructions along with diagrams for you to follow. A lot of my work were trial and error and thats how i learned a lot of car stuff.

I am rechecking now, I think the combo remote start/remote top drop unit may require wire cutting.

If it requires wire cutting then you definitely want to take it to a stereo shop. Lexus dealers have no idea on how to install aftermarket systems. All of them are mechanics trained to fix cars, THEY ARE NOT ELECTRICIANS. Aftermarket 12 alarm/stereo shops are experts on this stuff so take it to them. Make sure they've done it in the past since your upgrade is not very popular with SC430's.

• 2 weeks later...

I had mine installed by Xtreme Performance (http://www.xtremeperf.com/contact.html). The unit also includes remote start, but they recomend a different unit for remote start.

I have my windows open with the single press and hold. You have to wait until it fully cycles before you can start the car, it leaves the car onefor an extra minute after it is done. I had the unit get confused.

• 9 months later...

I had the unit installed on my 03. It works fairly well. I have both options, remote start and remote top.

There are some nice features:

Utilizes the exiting key fob

Converts the button on the dash to automatic. Just press the button twice and the top automatically opens or closes.

When the top is closing, you can remove the key and the engine remains running until the top is fully closed and all the windows are up. After that the motor shuts off.

There are a couple of challenging features of the unit also:

The system seams to get confused if you operate it more than two times without opening and closing the drivers door and starting the vehicle.

The other challenge is the normal fob functions do not work after the remote functions start. For example: if you complete the remote top sequence, but neglect to press the unlock button within 2 sec. when remotely lowering the top, you will have to use your key to unlock the door.

Overall I enjoy the functionality and would recommend the product and buy it again.

• 7 months later...

I had mine installed by Xtreme Performance (http://www.xtremeperf.com/contact.html). The unit also includes remote start, but they recomend a different unit for remote start.

I have my windows open with the single press and hold. You have to wait until it fully cycles before you can start the car, it leaves the car onefor an extra minute after it is done. I had the unit get confused.

I just had to have mine replaced, it started going nuts -- it kept trying to start. I had an early version, w/o the 1 touch down feature.

Though it was out of warranty, Luxury Motor Works gave me a break.

Since they were intimate with the SC430 wiring, I asked them about an input lockout bypass. They told me that they tried (before) to bypass the input lockout, but was unable to get the bypass working correctly. Of course, if they were able to, they would have something else I would have bought.

• 1 month later...

Do you know much about the SC430 roof? We've been trying to fix one on a Jap spec 2001 for about four months- it cycles up to the point where the rear trim behind the rear seat should rise, but most times it doesn't and the who thing stops. I've replaced the ecu and it made no difference- this is driving me and the people working on it nuts. Lexus here in Brisbane (Australia) are totally clueless about the 430 roof. Help!

hi,

i'm an auto electronics installer and i've done everything to my own lexus. I've checked out the website link you have and it quotes that there is no wiring that needs to be cut. The luxlink is a module that goes in between a harness that is already in the car. All you have to do is unplug it and connect each side to the luxlink. I'm pretty sure the company will send you instructions along with diagrams for you to follow. A lot of my work were trial and error and thats how i learned a lot of car stuff.