Which Bluetooth Phone/carrier

Hello all,

I have had my 2006 GS300 with nav and ML stereo for several months now, but it isn't until the end of August that I can upgrade my cell phone or even change carriers if needed to use the Bluetooth.

I currently have Verizon Wireless and am leaning toward the Razr. I am interested in what any of you have to say about any of the carriers and phones you are using in your Lexus by using the Bluetooth (good or bad).

thanks, boB

Hello all,

I have had my 2006 GS300 with nav and ML stereo for several months now, but it isn't until the end of August that I can upgrade my cell phone or even change carriers if needed to use the Bluetooth.

I currently have Verizon Wireless and am leaning toward the Razr. I am interested in what any of you have to say about any of the carriers and phones you are using in your Lexus by using the Bluetooth (good or bad).

thanks, boB

Sprint PPC-6700 and have no complaints, love it! Only downside is the phone book can not be auto transfered.

Hello all,

thanks, boB

Verizon tends to have the most connectivity problems and especially the razr you may want to reconsider.

• 1 month later...

I have a Sony Ericsson z525a and it barely works. I was able to transfer my entire phone book and have the car recognize the phone, however every time it connects now the phone drops the connection after about 30 seconds and won't reconnect until the car is restarted. I tested out a Treo just to make sure it wasn't the car that had issues and the Treo stayed connected as long as it was in range.

its not verizon, its the phones, motorola e815s were the best, but they discontinued them, what also works great is LG phones for any carrier, razar is just one of the worst phones out there, not reconmended

wow, too bad they seem cool, and people I know that have them like them (not for the car bluetooth). I wonder about the new upcoming KRZR? I guess we'll have to wait until it's released, but it looks nice!

thanks for all the replies!

boB

its not verizon, its the phones, motorola e815s were the best, but they discontinued them, what also works great is LG phones for any carrier, razar is just one of the worst phones out there, not reconmended

It is absolutely Verizon.Other carriers using the razr have no problems at all.What makes you say its not verizon??

It is absolutely Verizon.Other carriers using the razr have no problems at all.What makes you say its not verizon??

because i work for verizon and i used to work for cingular, and i had never had a problem with this issue. its actually not the carriers that have the problem, bluetooth is bluetooth. the same technology is used for all phones. the razar and all other flat phones are just not good phones, the quality is low, it just looks cool.

because i work for verizon and i used to work for cingular, and i had never had a problem with this issue. its actually not the carriers that have the problem, bluetooth is bluetooth. the same technology is used for all phones. the razar and all other flat phones are just not good phones, the quality is low, it just looks cool.

Oh come on the quality is low it just looks cool?If you look at other carriers the razr works fine.There are numerous examples of the same phone working perfectly with one carrier but not so well with verizon.Look through the threads here most people complaing are verizon users.I work for Lexus and deal with bluetooth all day and can tell you from personal experience verizon HAS the most problems.

Hello all,

thanks, boB

I use Cingular Blackberry 8700c. Works fine. Address book doesn't though. Blackberries with Bluetooth don't have a TRANSMIT button.

Hello all,

thanks, boB

I use Cingular Blackberry 8700c. Works fine. Address book doesn't though. Blackberries with Bluetooth don't have a TRANSMIT button.

http://www.lexus.com/models/bluetooth/index.html