Seat Comfort

Artman

Recently purchased a pre-owned 2002 ES 300. I love the car but as a taller person, the seat length and the limited seat adjustments make for an uncomfortable driver seat. Does anyone know how to increase the range of adjustments on the driver seat or know what outfit might be able to make a larger, identical style Lexus seat?

Ummmmmm Well. No.

But there is a good chance you can swap seats to about anything else Lexus/Toyota makes. I've seen people bolt Celica seats into a Camry, and saw one dude put a pair of racing recaro seats from a Celica into an ES. So You can try other Lexus/Toyotas.

Sounds to me like you just want a lower seat. You can always cut the mounting rails off an inch & weld them back together. :) Just a thought.

I have the same problem with my 93 and had hoped that when I buy a newer one some day, it would have more head room. I am 6' but to make it worse I am 230lbs so I take up a little more room than some skinny person.

What really bothers me is sitting in the passenger seat! Is it too much to ask for Japanese LUXURY car makers to give the up/down feature to passenger seats? I think they have mastered the technology on the drivers seats by now! I even considered trying to pull parts from another drivers seat and fabricating/modding them to work in my passenger seat. Probably a pipe dream though.

Other than relocating the seat, there isn't a whole lot you can do. I owned a '94 for a little while, and I've also driven/sat in all other generations of ESs (even the ES350), and I found them to all be equally small. If you're tall, Lexus isn't the best option for you, which sucks since they make such good cars.