Rearview Mirror

So I know that the rearview mirror in the IS tends to vibrate a bit when I'm playing music that has a heavy bass. This rattle is new, however. What I thought was my dashboard rattling after getting my recirc button fixed is actually the rearview mirror rattling beyond belief. I touch the back of it, and it stops, then starts up again whenever it feels like it. I don't know that I'll complain about it when I take it in for service since it seems to stop and start when it wants, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.....

So I know that the rearview mirror in the IS tends to vibrate a bit when I'm playing music that has a heavy bass. This rattle is new, however. What I thought was my dashboard rattling after getting my recirc button fixed is actually the rearview mirror rattling beyond belief. I touch the back of it, and it stops, then starts up again whenever it feels like it. I don't know that I'll complain about it when I take it in for service since it seems to stop and start when it wants, but I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem.....

Does the mirror seem loose or wobbly to the touch?

There have been several complaints of vibration with the rearview mirror. In one case the dealer replaced the entire assembly and that seems to have worked.

Thanks, Barkat. I think I'll let the dealer know about it when I take it in for it's next oil change.

There have been several complaints of vibration with the rearview mirror. In one case the dealer replaced the entire assembly and that seems to have worked.

Thanks, Barkat. I think I'll let the dealer know about it when I take it in for it's next oil change.

So I took my car in yesterday because the sunroof wouldn't close. I figured I'd complain about the rearview mirror as well.

The sunroof was an easy thing, apparently, and was fixed within the hour. The service guy told me, "Your mirror rattles beyond belief!" I told him, "Uh, yeah, I know!" lol. So it's being ordered and will be replaced.

In the meantime, I am driving a brand-new E350, and I THINK I LIKE!!!!

You mean ES350 or Benz E350?

As for the mirror, thats funny because I had mine replaced in the ES for the same reason, AND we had the mirror in the Prius replaced for the same reason.

You mean ES350 or Benz E350?

As for the mirror, thats funny because I had mine replaced in the ES for the same reason, AND we had the mirror in the Prius replaced for the same reason.

Sorry, ES350. And, to tell you the truth, I'm not enjoying it like I thought I would. I like my body style better. I betchya the IS350 is bitchin', just like everybody else here says!!

Yeah, the mirror's not replaced yet, waiting for it to come in.