2006 Is 300

Ok, I have some meathead in another forum telling me that the IS300 is still being produced by Lexus and is only sold in China.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The Lexus IS300 is no longer in production.

That's not entirely true...

The only 2nd gen IS sold in China is the IS300. As far as I know, China is the only market to have it (they don't have the 250 and 350). Why Lexus does this is totally beyond me.

Why would Lexus still be producing the IS300 and only shipping to China? :mellow:

Ok, I have some meathead in another forum telling me that the IS300 is still being produced by Lexus and is only sold in China.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

The Lexus IS300 is no longer in production.

That's not entirely true...

The only 2nd gen IS sold in China is the IS300. As far as I know, China is the only market to have it (they don't have the 250 and 350). Why Lexus does this is totally beyond me.

Why would Lexus still be producing the IS300 and only shipping to China? :mellow:

Sorry guys, answered my only question.

http://www.lexus.com.cn/

I lost the battle but won the war. ;)

It appears to be a IS300, but not the old IS300. :D

Seems to me, the Chinese IS300 looks exactly like the IS350/250, but with a 3-litre that only does 232 HP. I wonder why they would go through all the trouble to do that?

Interestingly, the base price for the "supersport" model converts to about $60,000 in US dollars :o

It appears to be a IS300, but not the old IS300. :D

Seems to me, the Chinese IS300 looks exactly like the IS350/250, but with a 3-litre that only does 232 HP. I wonder why they would go through all the trouble to do that?

Interestingly, the base price for the "supersport" model converts to about $60,000 in US dollars :o

Cars in China are incredibly over-priced.

They do that to keep the number of cars on the road down as much as possible.

Also, their tax on vehicles is 100%

Buy a $60,000 car, pay $60,000 in tax. :cries:

I'd be driving a Yugo if they did that here. :D