Navigation Safety Lock-out Override (gen 4/5)

I finally discovered a way to override the lock-out feature in our 400h. I already knew how to do so in my 03 LS430, however it has an older generation nav system.

Here are the steps:

1. push the menu button

2. press volume

3. touch the screen in this sequence: top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left

4. this will take you to the override screen

5. press and HOLD override until you hear a beep, and the icon is outlined

6. press back

7. press the map button

You'll now be able to operate the navigation/phone features while the car is in motion. The only drawback is that you'll have to repeat this sequence every time you restart the car...

NOTE: This shows a GEN 5 system (currently in the RX350), however it also works on GEN 4 (RX 330/400h)

Nice to know it still works on Gen 5. This information has been posted here a few time already.

Yes, it has, at least for the older generations. That's how I figured out how to override my '03 LS. But I couldn't find anything for the newer generations. Maybe I wasn't looking hard enough... :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

I finally discovered a way to override the lock-out feature in our 400h. I already knew how to do so in my 03 LS430, however it has an older generation nav system.

Here are the steps:

1. push the menu button

2. press volume

3. touch the screen in this sequence: top left, bottom left, top left, bottom left

4. this will take you to the override screen

5. press and HOLD override until you hear a beep, and the icon is outlined

6. press back

7. press the map button

You'll now be able to operate the navigation/phone features while the car is in motion. The only drawback is that you'll have to repeat this sequence every time you restart the car...

NOTE: This shows a GEN 5 system (currently in the RX350), however it also works on GEN 4 (RX 330/400h)

How do you get this to work with the 2007 Lexus Nav Systems. This process now does not work. I have a IS250AWD and it does not work. Any ideas??

Steve

It still works in some 07s (gen 5) and not in others. It seems those with Nav dvd version 5.1 it will work and those with 6.1 it will not. Our several month old 450h has 5.1 (override works) and our new last week 07 400h has 6.1 (override not available). I don't think it is specific to particular models of Lexus, just depends on when you bought it and if it has the newer dvd version. Don't know yet whether 6.1 brings any benefits such as newer information but it does not appear to have the override, at least in the way we have found it in the past. Hopefully someone can find it somewhere in 6.1 and post the new procedure, if there is one.

I just tried this procedure (several times) on my 2007 RX 400h and had no success. Any other 2007 owners who've gotten it to work?

Did you try the right side of the volume screen?

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to work either.

I just tried this procedure (several times) on my 2007 RX 400h and had no success. Any other 2007 owners who've gotten it to work?

Did you try the right side of the volume screen?

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Yep, tried right, center.....nothing .. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been searching and reading these forums and the web for abput 2 hours now and I still cant find a procedure that will work for my 2007 GS 450h. There is tons of info that is close and the Volume, topleft, bottomleft etc. thing is in several places, but nothing works for the 2007 GS 450h.

Anyone had any luck with this one?

• 5 months later...

I have been searching and reading these forums and the web for abput 2 hours now and I still cant find a procedure that will work for my 2007 GS 450h. There is tons of info that is close and the Volume, topleft, bottomleft etc. thing is in several places, but nothing works for the 2007 GS 450h.

Anyone had any luck with this one?

We have a new 2007 400h, have not tired it yet, but it sounds like it son't work. Any update on this?

Herein lies the tricky part. YOURS most likely has the newest DVD update. You can have the same 2007 vehicle, but different DVD's . . . and the most recent update WILL smoke your ability to access the override screen. On a happier note, there is a software knowledgable fellow out there who has gone to the effort of piecing together a DVD using the best of the two features (override and newer map data). I'm still using the older DVD, not wanting to have to go that route.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...