98 Es300 Hids Good Or Bad Comments Plz

Fake H7 HIDS light bulb.  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Good or Bad to help see better at night?

• Better Night Vision
    • Worse Night Vision
  2. 2. Changing 98 ES headlights bulbs?

• Easy. Even for those who dont know much about cars can do it.
    • Better leave it to the Lexus dealer.

Can people give me their comments on installing H7 HID bulbs fake zenons off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

Does this look like a bad idea will damage the electrical system? Will they help the lighting?

Also how do you change the light bulb on the 98 ES in the headlights? Is it hard to do?

Thanks

Can people give me their comments on installing H7 HID bulbs fake zenons off ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...mMakeTrack=true

Does this look like a bad idea will damage the electrical system? Will they help the lighting?

Also how do you change the light bulb on the 98 ES in the headlights? Is it hard to do?

Thanks

Fake HIDs can be used to impress oncoming drivers, most of which have no idea who you are nor do you know them. Additionally the "faking" is done with light filtering tinted films on or inside the bulb's glass encapsulation and therefore you do not get the full advantage of the brighter filament (high current load)used to overcome the effects of the filtering tint.

I agree with wwest. If you're going to upgrade to HID, upgrade to HID. These fake painted blue/purple bulbs however only look silly, blind oncoming drivers, and REDUCE your night vision.

If you really want to increase your night vision but cannot afford a proper HID retrofit (INCLUDING new lamp housings) then I reccomend looking at things like Sylvania Silverstars or other DOT legal bulbs from quality manufacturers.

I bought those same headlights off of ebay last year for my 98 ES... within 6 months they had both burned out. I did enjoy the 'blue-like' light, but they weren't very bright. I have since replaced them with silverstars, which are great for halogen but definitely not HID. Good luck.