What Nakamichi Amps Are Compatable With The Sc400 Sound System?

Hi all,

Just wondering if multiple nakamichi amps are compatable with the 92 SC400 sound system? The one that i pulled out is model #B324ULOA

Thanks in advance!

Kevin

Kevin, You need a direct replacement amp. You will lose most functions of your current headunit with aftermarket. No other lexus amp will take it's place. :cries:

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know about replacing the factory amp with another 4 channel? I read someplace that its possible, but I'm just not smart enough to figure it out just by looking @ a wiring diagram, unless it would just mean splicing rca type connectors to the wires in the harness.

The cd changer and radio work fine, but my speakers are going out one by one. I like the look of the dash with the factory radio, and even if I swap it out, I don't like the idea of ending up with a useless volume knob next to it and a big empty space underneath. I really haven't seen any installations that I liked.

Another thing I'm thinking about is just installing another radio and hiding it in the glovebox - maybe even getting one with a remote and finding a way to mount the remote sensor so that it could be accessed w/ the glovebox closed...

What do you guys think?

Thanks again for your help and input.

Vince

Take a look at this setup. If I can't find a way to integrate my ipod in with my changer, I may try something like this with a double din 6.5 or 7" radio. You can glass over your knob and repaint the console (I've already repainted mine once, so this wouldn't be a big deal. . .I'll have the person redoing my Bayliner do this when I take my boat to him if I wind up having to go this route). It can look very good if the install is done right.

forgot the link. . .its a thread on this forum and I found it last night:

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...c=4600&st=0

Does anybody know about replacing the factory amp with another 4 channel? I read someplace that its possible, but I'm just not smart enough to figure it out just by looking @ a wiring diagram, unless it would just mean splicing rca type connectors to the wires in the harness.

The cd changer and radio work fine, but my speakers are going out one by one. I like the look of the dash with the factory radio, and even if I swap it out, I don't like the idea of ending up with a useless volume knob next to it and a big empty space underneath. I really haven't seen any installations that I liked.

Another thing I'm thinking about is just installing another radio and hiding it in the glovebox - maybe even getting one with a remote and finding a way to mount the remote sensor so that it could be accessed w/ the glovebox closed...

What do you guys think?

Thanks again for your help and input.

Vince

yeah, that does look pretty good sd far as it goes - but i still prefer the look of the factory unit, even if it does come at reduced functionality. the more i think about it, the more i like the idea of just leaving that one there and hiding a seperate unit in the glovebox. that would really f__k with the people who ride with me and try to change the station, plus it would be kinda nice to have it there and playing behind a locked door.

what do u guys think?