Another Question About The Paint..

I've noticed a little "sand" like spot on the back of my trunk... It feels like a piece of sand that is glued to the paint... but its rusted and the paint around it looks like a chemical reaction or something... almost like when your swiming in a pool at night... when you look at lights it has that color ring around them??? lol

anyway... I tried to grab a pic... but this is the best I could do...

BTW.. I have a bunch of other spots on the paint that are not ruff... but do have that "chemical ring" around them... they are all pen size dots...

I'm starting to think its just part of owning a black car with paint that shows every little thing....

But just curious also...

Thanks..

IMG_0072.jpg

lol...for all i know...it looks like its part of the clouds...lol

if you decide to sand it...use a very very small piece, that would be pretty close to the paint if you ask me. I would just "deal" with it. cars get scratches, you can stop everything. If you fingers get itchy, get going on another project :)

Its rail dust, very common on new cars. I'd try claying it, but since its rusted there's probably not much you can do. I would NOT sand it.

Thats why all new cars need to be clayed as soon as they get home.