Trunk Button Won't Work

Check the fuse marked "Door". Then to check the trunk lid opener motor connect a positive 12 volt source to the opener motor connector and then a negative lead to the body of the opener. Do not hold positive lead onto opener motor connector for more than one second. Manual states: "Perform inspection in a short time (within 1 sec). So just make contact with the 12 volt source and the opener motor connector and remove the 12 volt source as soon as you make contact.

I would check those two things first. Check fuse and then perform test to see if the trunk lid motor is working properly. If you don't understand let me know and I will re-word it.

When i read you reply to this thread "air force" do you notice you say it does not work but give no details of what does not work?

It does not turn ,the key won't go in , it just keeps turning.

No detials = no clue

Sorry bout' that...the key will go in fine and I can turn it..but it will not release...Thanks...

No problem,

Does it turn all the way ? Is there resistance near the end of the turn with the little give that usually releases the latch?

I would suggest pulling back the liner and seeing if the rod and fallen off from a broken clip.

No problem,

Does it turn all the way ? Is there resistance near the end of the turn with the little give that usually releases the latch?

I would suggest pulling back the liner and seeing if the rod and fallen off from a broken clip.

Looking at the key it goes in straight up..when you turn it it turns to the 2 o'clock position and stops...

No problem,

Thanks SK for your help..I found the problem and fixed it..the Rod was a little sticky on the slider..I sprayed some WD40 on it and it's working fine now...thanks again..