Headlight Warning Buzzer

ebs

Just bought my "06 GX470. I am getting used to all of the new gizmos and gadgets. One thing I can"t seem to find how to activate, is whether or not this vehicle has a warning buzzer to remind me that I left the lights on. Does any one have some information on this topic?

Just bought my "06 GX470. I am getting used to all of the new gizmos and gadgets. One thing I can"t seem to find how to activate, is whether or not this vehicle has a warning buzzer to remind me that I left the lights on. Does any one have some information on this topic?

I just bought mine a few weeks ago but have the headlights set to go off automatically like in my LX470 so I'm not sure if there is a warning buzzer or not.. hopefully someone else here can help you. What did you drive before the GX and how do you like the GX so far?

Carol

It doesnt have a warning indicator. Here's the thing.

1. If you put it in auto, obviously it'll go off.

2. If you manually turn it on and off, it can either turn off after 30 seconds after locking the car, or (if done a certain way) after removing the key and openning the door, it should turn off.

Not sure how or when which one will happen if you go with option number 2, but guaranteed that if you manually turn on ur lights and forget to turn them off, they should go off after 30 secs or maybe a minute the most. ;)

okay to reiterate what denslexusgx said...

there are three options...

1) auto-they will go on when its dark, turn off when its light...and when you shut off the engine at night, dont touch the lever...just walk away from the car and it will turn off leaving you with a night light for about 30 seconds

2) manually turning it on or off-self explantory...if left on after turning off ignition, it will again do the 30 seconds night light

3)With the headlights turned off with ignition off, on all modes, press the lock key once to lock the car, and one more time to turn the lights off if you dont want the 30 seconds night light

you only get a buzzer when there is a door open and you try to lock the door

I just bought mine a few weeks ago but have the headlights set to go off automatically like in my LX470 so I'm not sure if there is a warning buzzer or not.. hopefully someone else here can help you. What did you drive before the GX and how do you like the GX so far?

Carol

A 97 Ford Explorer. A great and dependable truck, but long in the tooth. The GX is far more lux than the Ford. Apples and orange, really. With 600 miles, so far so good.

It does shut off (although a warning chime would be nice), I usually don't keep mine on auto. I'm pretty sure it happens as soon as you remove the key. If you leave the key in the ignition, they'll stay on-I learned from 1st hand experience

Another item I'd like to see is a mist function for the wipers.