Radiator Coolant Running Temp. In The Middle

jlimquest

Just my 2nd day on a used 1999 RX300. I noticed that the coolant temp is in the middle of the gauge without going over. However, I'm used to my other cars (Nissan Z & Honda Accord) that has a running temp 1/3 of the gauge. Is this normal for the RX300? Does the RX300 have overheating issues?

Thanks!

Just my 2nd day on a used 1999 RX300. I noticed that the coolant temp is in the middle of the gauge without going over. However, I'm used to my other cars (Nissan Z & Honda Accord) that has a running temp 1/3 of the gauge. Is this normal for the RX300? Does the RX300 have overheating issues?

Thanks!

Yes that's normal

the auxiliary fan? uhhh...lets just say your car will not over heat...end of story (im optomistic). i have never had a toyota or lexus overheat on me...ever. But if it does, you will notice that the temp needle will move above the middle lol. Anything above the middle is considered to be too warm and you should stop and let the car cool.

back to that backup fan...when you hear an extra loud fan noise coming from the hood of your car, then thats it. If its what i think it is, it happens pretty often in my IS300 but not so much in my RX