Spongy Brakes

I recently had a rear brake line go bad on my 93es. After replacing the line, bleeding all 4 wheels. The pedal still goes down much further than it used to. After a few pumps it comes up almost normal but still not the same as they were before the line replacement. All suggestions appreciated.

I recently had a rear brake line go bad on my 93es. After replacing the line, bleeding all 4 wheels. The pedal still goes down much further than it used to. After a few pumps it comes up almost normal but still not the same as they were before the line replacement. All suggestions appreciated.

You still have air in your brake system. Did you use a power bleeder, or if not, did you bleed the brakes in the proper sequence?

You still have air in your brake system. Did you use a power bleeder, or if not, did you bleed the brakes in the proper sequence?

I used a one man bleeder and didn't know there was a proper sequence. The right rear was the problem, so I blead rr then lr. After I still had air in the systemI did both front. Have used this procedure on many vehicles over the years and never had a problem. However this is my first with abs if that makes a difference.

You may need to change your rear pads as well. If you press the brake pedal hard and then press it again hard during a stop does it brake better?

If so you either need s new booster or rear pads from an nonuniform flow.

This ABS bleeding procedure is for another make of car, but it's basically the same for your Lexus.

Read this> http://dodgeram.org/tech/repair/Brakes/beeding.htm

Do you have any idea where I might find rear antilock valve, combination valve? I think the front antilock valve is the one with all the lines going to it under the hood.