Window Reflects On Dashboard

rob5

Does anyone have a solution for the front window reflecting on the dashboard?

Would a dark colored, non-slip car dashboard mat help solve this problem?

I just purchased a 2002 RX300 and this actually was something I noticed immediately when test driving the 2002 and 2003 RX's.

Thanks again. This is such a great forum.

Is the top of the dash currently shiny? It's designed so have a dull finish so not much light is reflected, but someone may have added some kind of spray on it etc to protect it.

I will admit the top of the rx300 dash does give a lot of reflection especially with the 2 "U"'s around the gauge and passenger airbag on top.

One of those dash mats might help b/c they're not shiny, but i think they look terrible :blink:

Do you mean the dashboard reflects on the winshield? lol :P not the other way around

i also think that the carpet things are ugly, also they can hold a lot of dust in them. You kind of just have to deal with it? maybe dont drive in the direction of the sun, haha

Darn, you are right about my mixup with the reflection.

Guess I'll try the anti-slip mat and see how this works.

Do you mean the dashboard reflects on the winshield? lol :P not the other way around

i also think that the carpet things are ugly, also they can hold a lot of dust in them. You kind of just have to deal with it? maybe dont drive in the direction of the sun, haha

I just purchased a 2002 RX300 and this actually was something I noticed immediately when test driving the 2002 and 2003 RX's.

I had a tan colored dash-mat for a while and practicality wise it was good, helped keep the car cooler (the dash material absorbs and retains a lot of heat but it too reflected a bit in the windshield. The solution is to wear polarized sun-glasses. Seriously, the reflection disappears with polarized shades its wonderful. I first noticed it in my fiancees Passat with a black dash. As soon as I saw that I got rid of the dash mat in the Lexus and alls been fine since.

Is the top of the dash currently shiny? It's designed so have a dull finish so not much light is reflected, but someone may have added some kind of spray on it etc to protect it.

My dealer, during the after sale service presentation, warned us specifically not to use Armor All or similar on the dash due to this problem.

• 2 months later...

I purchased my 2004 rx330 in June of this year. After a few days of driving I noticed the reflection on my windshield. The prior owner may have used Armorall, which should not be used since it contains alcohol (it will dry things out). I bought a dashmat for less than $30 and it has made a big difference. No more reflection and it protects my dash from cracking.