Power Steering With Atf ?

I see my 93 ES300 needs power steering fluid with ATF, i have gone to different auto supply stores but can't find it, where can I find this ?

hmm, are you sure you are correct? I would say your PS needs ATF fluid not PS fluid.

From my understanding Lexus uses a special type of fluid for the power steering pump, not ATF fluid.

It uses good ol' dexron tranmission fluid not a combination or any other strange thing for the powersteering /hydralic fan system.

so instead of buying power steering fluid I just pour regular transmision fluid with drexon atf ?

It uses good ol' dexron tranmission fluid not a combination or any other strange thing for the powersteering /hydralic fan system.

after searching the whole day I finally foudn the leak of the power steering fluid, it is right under the fuel injector assembly, this is a hose that I think goes from the punp around the angine, under the distributor and connects to the engine fan in front. long hose I guess difficult to replace. Does anybody knows the technical name for such hose ? I been looking in different online catalogs but could not find anything like it.

thanks all

From my understanding Lexus uses a special type of fluid for the power steering pump, not ATF fluid.

Unless it is something new, that is 100% new to me. 99% of Lexus takes ATF Dex 3.

My 98 is something like this;

WARNING INFORMATION: Do NOT use "power steering" fluid in your Lexus power steering reservoir. Some automotive manufacturers use a specialized "power steering fluid" in their PS systems, but Lexus power steering systems are designed to use "automatic transmission "fluid (ATF) as the hydraulic fluid. However, you can use any Dexron II or Dexron III ATF (i.e. Toyota ATF) to fill the PS reservoir.

so instead of buying power steering fluid I just pour regular transmision fluid with drexon atf ?

after searching the whole day I finally foudn the leak of the power steering fluid, it is right under the fuel injector assembly, this is a hose that I think goes from the punp around the angine, under the distributor and connects to the engine fan in front. long hose I guess difficult to replace. Does anybody knows the technical name for such hose ? I been looking in different online catalogs but could not find anything like it.

thanks all

I found these hoses from a lexus online catalog for a 93 es300. Don't know which one you need to replace:

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ind...amp;catalogid=1

thanks all

I found these hoses from a lexus online catalog for a 93 es300. Don't know which one you need to replace:

thanks is a shame there ar no images of these hoses.

post-23086-1153598829_thumb.jpgpost-23086-1153598818_thumb.jpgpost-23086-1153598807_thumb.jpgpost-23086-1153598796_thumb.jpgpost-23086-1153598784_thumb.jpgpost-23086-1153598729_thumb.jpg

thanks all

thanks is a shame there ar no images of these hoses.

so you all know what I am talking about I tool and uploaded some images.

post-23086-1153598729_thumb.jpg

Check out www.newlexusparts.com. Enter "radiator" at the parts search location, then enter your year and model car. It will give you a diagram of the various parts of the radiator and cooling fan system.

I think the part you are looking for is called a "pressure hose." They show their price as $89.31 for a 93 ES.

Check out www.newlexusparts.com. Enter "radiator" at the parts search location, then enter your year and model car. It will give you a diagram of the various parts of the radiator and cooling fan system.

I think the part you are looking for is called a "pressure hose." They show their price as $89.31 for a 93 ES.

yes, you're right, it is the pressure hose.

Now a question, how is this pressure hose to the cooling fan related with the P/S system as to leak PS Fluid ??

The 92-94 ES models use a radiator cooling fan that is operated by a hydraulic motor. The power to this motor is provided by the power steering pump. The same fluid that provides your power steering assist also turns the cooling fan.

The 92-94 ES models use a radiator cooling fan that is operated by a hydraulic motor. The power to this motor is provided by the power steering pump. The same fluid that provides your power steering assist also turns the cooling fan.

thanks for the explanation.

I see one end (the fan end) is really easy, I am trying to figure out the other end how hard it is to replace, does this has to be done from underneath the car or by taking the passenger side wheel and working through here ? do I have to take out the whole fuel injector assy and work from top ?

thanks again...