Detailing New Es 350 Black

I am about to begin the initial protection on my new car and would like some opinions. I am a long time fan of Mothers products and with a porter cable and their three step process have achieved amazing results on my previous black cars.

I am currently debating to continue this route or try using Zaino. Yea, I said Zaino which I know can be a touchy subject for some. I have personally never saw a Zaino treated car and therefore find it difficult to try it on reviews alone.

I use my car as a daily driver and want to protect my swirlmark free paint best as possible without having to wax the car every 2 weeks. I dont mind spending the time to wax when I have it, but dont want to be married to the task when I only have weekends off.

I have found mothers carnuba to be soft and smooth like butter when the wax process is completed. Depth is great due to the sealer/glaze and all is good. There is nothing like a freshly waxed black car.

What do you guys feel I should do for intitial prep and forever maintenance?

You can certainly try Zaino, but its expensive and my guess is if you like the deep look that you get from the Mothers you're not going to care for the plasticky shine.

You might want to think about a product thats a hybrid carnuaba/sealant, something like Poorboys EX that will give you a more carnuaba like look but longer longevity.

I've found as long as I use a booster every time I wash (Eagle One Wax as U Dry, 1Z Lackfinish, etc) then the waxing intervals are DRAMATICALLY reduced.

Another option is to hire a detailer to maintain the vehicle for you. Since I've gotten so much busier I've been considering that...

I have actually spoken to 2 different detailers and have been considered putting this task in someone elses hand.

One of these detailers uses Body Magic products and mentioned that they would apply a glaze and then wax it with Zymol. (Then maintenance)

Funny thing with detailers is that you really dont know how much care they put in taking care of your car. I asked both detailers if they heard of Zaino and they said no. One of the guys didnt even know what claying the car meant and I saw the the rags and pads located in his van lying next to old dirty tires and misc. junk. Definetley contaminated with small particles of dirt and after looking I shrugged the idea of giving him my business.

The second guy uses these products from california called King something. Seems like these guys use one product that they know and stick with it forever. Its frustrating to think that once your car is in your someone elses hands that anything goes and things that you would probably never do to your car may occur.

I briefly discussed polymer finishes in general and the guys had no idea what I really talking about.

DISTURBING!

Offhand, if I use Zaino at which stage can I use my porter cable to help the results?

I have actually spoken to 2 different detailers and have been considered putting this task in someone elses hand.

One of these detailers uses Body Magic products and mentioned that they would apply a glaze and then wax it with Zymol. (Then maintenance)

Funny thing with detailers is that you really dont know how much care they put in taking care of your car. I asked both detailers if they heard of Zaino and they said no. One of the guys didnt even know what claying the car meant and I saw the the rags and pads located in his van lying next to old dirty tires and misc. junk. Definetley contaminated with small particles of dirt and after looking I shrugged the idea of giving him my business.

The second guy uses these products from california called King something. Seems like these guys use one product that they know and stick with it forever. Its frustrating to think that once your car is in your someone elses hands that anything goes and things that you would probably never do to your car may occur.

I briefly discussed polymer finishes in general and the guys had no idea what I really talking about.

DISTURBING!

Offhand, if I use Zaino at which stage can I use my porter cable to help the results?

Your discussions with detailers is why I do so much (including detailing my car) myself. I'm not a DIY guy to save money. It is to get the job done right. I might not be as skilled as the best (or even good) detailer, but I do know that I'll CARE more about MY car than any of them. Hence, I'll be careful not to scratch it or to damage the paint.

I have a black RX400h. A year ago, I was in the same boat as you are now. I put a Meg's glaze and then followed with Meg's carnauba. Easy on and easy off. The look was better than new... deep, black. Trouble was, it didn't last more than a couple of months.

I tried Meg's newest polymer, but it didn't last all that long on my red RX300, but the shine was okay (though not as deep as the carnauba). I've since discovered Collinite 845 Insulator Wax. It has lasted six months for me (through a rather mild Atlanta winter) on my black RX400h. It beads like crazy. Nothing that I've tried has done a better beading job that IW 845. Plus, it has as deep a look as pure carnauba to me. I use my PC to apply it. It is easy on, but a little tougher to remove than Meg's easy carnauba.

I personally don't care for the sterile (not deep) look that you get from most synthetic sealants... especially on black. To me, black should look wet and deep, not just shiny like chrome. I've not tried Zaino, but from what I've read, it sounds like a lot of work for a result I'm not that interested in. I don't doubt its protective qualities and if I had a silver (or possibly beige) car, I might give it a try.

Jason is so right, the number of BAD people in the detailing business is unbelievable. I too am not a DIY guy to save money, I've literally never had anyone touch the paint on my car without swirling it but me. I also agree about his opinion about colors and Zaino, I use Zaino on our light metallic green Prius that sits outside and goes through the carwash and it works great for that, but it doesn't make my black garnet Lexus look its best.

As for the PC and Zaino, that would purely be for any swirl correction.

OK. so the verdict is no Zaino for black cars. Just to confirm results, I attached some pics of my 1999 black Transam that I recently sold. This car has nothing on it but the Mothers 1,2,3 step system and my long sweaty hours with rags and a pc.

My question is, will Zaino give me results similar to this???

I attached 2 pics, hope it works. If not can someone please tell me how.

Pics didnt work but I can tell you without even looking at the pics, the Zaino won't be as deep and rich as the Mothers on the black paint. It will last longer, but it wont be as rich.

Jason is so right, the number of BAD people in the detailing business is unbelievable.

BINGO! There is another forum I go to (non-lexus) and most of the little kids say they own there business. They detail there cars. They look good but there processes, attitudes etc leave much to be desired. They think a $60 full detail is the same as a $400 one.

They think all you need is walfart MFtowels and any wax...so sad.

OK. so the verdict is no Zaino for black cars. Just to confirm results, I attached some pics of my 1999 black Transam that I recently sold. This car has nothing on it but the Mothers 1,2,3 step system and my long sweaty hours with rags and a pc.

My question is, will Zaino give me results similar to this???

I attached 2 pics, hope it works. If not can someone please tell me how.

Woow! Zaino works great with dark cars. I love black cars and this is my 3rd black cars in a row now. All have zaino on it.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226367

It's not that hard to use zaino. Dawn wash it, then claybar, and dawn wash it again and dry. Then you are ready to go with Z5 and Z2. You can put as many layers are you want, and just have to make sure end with Z2 due to its reflective property. I've tried everything else but I love zaino the best.

post-18303-1153879470_thumb.jpg

Zaino isn't hard to use at all, but trust me you're not going to get the depth you're used to. You can see it in Great Smile's pic, the paint looks great, but its superficial only theres no depth to it.