Results From Dealer Check On Service

VBdenny

I went over to the local Lexus dealer in Virginia Beach (where my car was originally purchased) and requested the service records. They happily complied. I got a long printout of the service. I think it;'s hard to decipher as some of the stuff seems to be cut off. I was quite happy to see that the timing belt had been changed at 90,000 and it looked as if the waterpump was as well.

I also asked them for some license plate screws which they GAVE me. I met another guy from NC who just bought a 1990 LS400 and gave him the site address, then e checked out each others cars. Luckily for him, it looked like a fresh power steering unit. Unlike mine, he had traction control and air suspension. I know he is going to enjoy his Lexus.

you had some nice experience. while when i got there to ask them to heck why i got those strong vibrations they charged me for 100$ and told me to do tune up!!!! which i did like a month before!!! what kind of mechanic would not notice new cables and new caps? they also told me to change my timing belt and water pump and ball joints for some reason. i checked ball joints and they are fine.

no more dealer!!! never!!!!!

you had some nice experience. while when i got there to ask them to heck why i got those strong vibrations they charged me for 100$ and told me to do tune up!!!! which i did like a month before!!! what kind of mechanic would not notice new cables and new caps? they also told me to change my timing belt and water pump and ball joints for some reason. i checked ball joints and they are fine.

no more dealer!!! never!!!!!

VMF - can you put your experiences into the dealer review system too please?

Yes Matthew, I will do that. VMF please don't think I let them touch my car, not gonna happen. All they want is money while they are giving you free coffee and big smiles. No, I went over to get the printout for my car, not to let them stick theirt hand in my pocket.

It is unfortunate that Lexus doesn't have a clue. If they offered quality service at a fair and reasonable price, Lexus would be the premier car in the world. Instead, most people will shy away from a Lexus simply because they know they will get screwed for any service.

In essence, a Lexus is worth LESS than it should simply because people are afraid of the repair costs. You can almost see them drool when you come in for service. In addition, I'm not convinced that they are that good either. I mean, leaving off the underbody splash shield at the dealer???

Please! Yeah, I'm cranky