End To New Orders Of 2006 Is?

My local dealer told me that because the 2007s are about to come out, they can no longer order 2006s. He seemed somewhat unsure of himself and had even flip-flopped on this story at one point, so I obviously have my doubts. Does anyone know if this is true?

My local dealer told me that because the 2007s are about to come out, they can no longer order 2006s. He seemed somewhat unsure of himself and had even flip-flopped on this story at one point, so I obviously have my doubts. Does anyone know if this is true?

I'm currently waiting for the 07's to become available.

I was told by my dealership's Internet Sales Manager that 06's can be special ordered through August.

Lexus holds special buying incentives for the remaining 06's around the end of August and the 07's should be available around Sept sometime.

We all know that dealers are sometimes less than acurate with their info, but that was what I was told.

Hope that helps.

I have a question about that. In Europe, it's absolutely not common to change a car every year. We don't even say "It's an 06' IS", we just call it "An IS", either "pre or post-facelift", cause usually within the 6 or 7 years a car is being built, there is only one or at the most two faceliftings.

What's the difference between an 06' and an 07' IS? Or ist there none, the advantage is just a better resale value. (I noticed one time that the Jaguar X-Type was facelifted and "improved" (uglier bumpers, etc.) for the US market but stayed the same for the European market)

I have a question about that. In Europe, it's absolutely not common to change a car every year. We don't even say "It's an 06' IS", we just call it "An IS", either "pre or post-facelift", cause usually within the 6 or 7 years a car is being built, there is only one or at the most two faceliftings.

What's the difference between an 06' and an 07' IS? Or ist there none, the advantage is just a better resale value. (I noticed one time that the Jaguar X-Type was facelifted and "improved" (uglier bumpers, etc.) for the US market but stayed the same for the European market)

No Major differences.

The 07 is rumored to offer a color coded Sat Radio antenna... which as minor as that may sound to most, is kinda important to me.

The reason I am personally waiting is that fact that some options I wanted were not available without a special order and 4-5 month wait.

I was not going to order a car and receive it as the 07s were coming out... seemed silly to me.

I'm a patient man, I can wait.

Also, I've heard that the backup camera will remain for the 07, but the backup sensors will no longer be available.

(Didn't care for the look of those anyway)

The salesperson showed me a sheet from Lexus that had about 7-8 bullets for changes for the '07 model. The shark fin antennae was the only major change. I also remember seeing that the HID lights would now be an option, and I believe an on/off switch was going to be put on the IS350's VDIM.

Thx...is that shark fin antenna BMW-like? My European model does not have any visible antena at all.

An on/off siwtch for the VDIM (also in Europe not available for the IS 250 but for my IS 220d it was so I ordered it) would be a nice feature...wonder why they didn't install that in the first place <_<

• 2 weeks later...

My dealer, in Arizona, says they connot even special order an IS. 06 or 07.

I am looking to get a 250, 6 Speed Manual Transmission w/ Sport Package and Nav System & XM.

They tell me that there has NEVER been a 250 Manual built with a Sport Package. That i cannot order one, and they will not make one, EVER.

I am completely frustrated with this situation. I have been researching and talking to all sorts of different people, at different dealers in Arizona. I get a different story from each one, but none of them seem to be able to (Or want to) special order a car for me. I want this car terribly and I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

I'd love to prove these guys wrong.. Anyone have a 250 Manual with the Sports package? Have the sticker or anything with proof?

I know that in June I ordered a 2006, silver, manual, heated seats, nav, and 18" wheels from a dealer in OKC and they told me it would be about 90-120 days and that mine would definately be an 07. I dont know what the dealers are talking about when they tell you that you cannot order an 06 or even an 07. My dealer said they are just trying to get ppl to buy what they can order or already have faster. I would tell them what you want and order that.

BTW I am new to the forum....this is my first post. Cannot wait to get my car.

My dealer, in Arizona, says they connot even special order an IS. 06 or 07.

I am looking to get a 250, 6 Speed Manual Transmission w/ Sport Package and Nav System & XM.

They tell me that there has NEVER been a 250 Manual built with a Sport Package. That i cannot order one, and they will not make one, EVER.

I am completely frustrated with this situation. I have been researching and talking to all sorts of different people, at different dealers in Arizona. I get a different story from each one, but none of them seem to be able to (Or want to) special order a car for me. I want this car terribly and I'd appreciate any help anyone can give.

I'd love to prove these guys wrong.. Anyone have a 250 Manual with the Sports package? Have the sticker or anything with proof?

DUDE:

TOTAL CRAP

The reason I know it's CRAP?!

I OWN an 06 IS 250 with 6 speed MT & Sports Pak!! (no nav or ml though)

It is available, and it can be ordered.

Your dealer want to sell what they see, not see what they can sell you.

Our order took 4.5 to 5 months start to finish.

All special orders get placed the 3rd week of the month. We placed our order at the end of January 06, which meant the order did not get to LEXUS HQ until last week of Feb. Then it is SUPPOSTED to be 90 days +/- until the car arrives at the port or at the dealer. Unfortunately, we had a few weeks of delay but it was worth it in the end.

Here is what you do to get the car you want:

Sit down with the fleet or internet sales person, ask them to run a national inquiry (they first need to search by specific regions: East, West, South, Midwest) for an IS 250 manual tranz (DO NOT ADD SPECIFIC OPTIONS LIKE SPORTS PAK OR NAV OR ML leave the options window blank). MAKE SURE THEY LEAVE THE ZONES AREA BLANK as well. You want to first search by REGION. In each region (which will include ALL Zones within that region) it will show how many manual IS 250's are heading to the dealers. At the top of the list will be the strippers, at the bottom of the list will be the ones with options. Have the salesperson scroll to the bottom and have them look at the options displayed. You are looking for the options: ST (sports pak) NV (nav) ML (mark levinson)

make sure they do this in front of you so they don't BS you.

If nothing comes up, that means that a MT 250 w/ sports pak is not heading to a dealer.

When I did this with my salesperson, I found a 250 w/ MT, Sports & Nav located in Conneticut.

We decided to order ours without NAV

And yes, I do have the window sticker and I can fax it to you ... just give me your fax #

If you still reach dead ends, I can always give you my guys name & number & he WILL order it for you (gave us 2K off of sticker)

I am located in SO CAL (LA area)

Good luck dude!!

IT CAN BE DONE!!!! ;)