A/c Fans?

Alexi

Hello everyone. I noticed there are two small electric fans on the radiator. can someone tell me exactly what those are for? i have noticed they never turn on??? reason im asking really is because i just got my A/C filled with a can of freon, and it's not that cold. just cool. i checked for trouble codes on the climate control , nothing. compressor is working and i dont have leaks. now a buddy of mine said his bmw is doing the same thing and its because his A/C fans are not working. Is this true??

Any input would be appreciated....\

Al.

It's a 91 ls400 btw

I know on several cars when you actuate the AC button the cooling fans come on at the same time. YOu may indeed have a problem with the fan relay.

Those fans don't come on unless the temp is really high, Like in the Sahara. As for the cooling in the cabin did you put freon in with gauges?

Hi. i'm going to actually get the pressure tested. a guy at auto value did it for me ... im betting its over filled therefore causing this????

Al.

btw. were would the relays for the fans be???