Put In Copper Plugs Instead Of Platinum

I asked for platinum plugs at checker and i brought them home and spent 3 hours puting them in the car due to the whole intake manifold b.s. I was just looking at the box for one of the plugs and I saw "copper core"..... now I'm furious. It doesn't seem like a huge issue for the car but there's that small sticker by the engine saying "Replace spark plugs every 60,000 miles with Platinum type only" or something to that effect. Should these be swapped out ASAP or what?

They did this same crap to me last week for sway bar bushings. I drove 25 miles to another store to get them and they ended up not being the right thing. :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot:

F**K Checker

If they're not NGK or Denso, ya. If they are, assuming the engine is ok they'll last the 30-60,000m.

I like copper plugs. They're better than platinums with more power. If they stay clean, they have a better spark. They're also cheap! :)

Ya man. Always let stores like that ship stuff in from their warehouse. They'll tell you anything!

Do like the book says....replace with platinum plugs. The additional power is miniscule with copper, and it's a PITA to change them. :)

I asked for platinum plugs at checker and i brought them home and spent 3 hours puting them in the car due to the whole intake manifold b.s. I was just looking at the box for one of the plugs and I saw "copper core"..... now I'm furious.

The core may be copper, but check the tip where the spark emits.........is that platinum?

steviej