350 Owners- Have The 330 Issues Been Fixed?

The main issues that kept me from purchasing a 330 were:

Hesitation in the acceleration

Excessive dash rattles

Highway speed cabin noise

Lack of power

It appears #3 has been helped with the acoustic windshield introduction- however I haven't seen anyone definitely say if real changes were made to combat the first 2 issues. The new engine gives me hope that the hesitation is gone... and truthfully, test driving it I didn't feel it- but I would like to see more evidence. The rattles I can only go by what the owners say, but I haven't seen these things discussed much yet- perhaps since it is still so new.

Would love to hear from those who have driven the 350 whether they feel these issues that plagued the 330 have been, if not fixed, lessened. Thanks!!

i have had only one rattle, and its not from the dash on my rx330.

obviously, the power issue has been resolved and the hesitation...i cant say that i think they changed it. Im pretty sure its basically the same transmission, (its not from the engines), both 5 speed. Mostly likely though, it has been fixed because the rx330 had a TSB recall-ish thing that fixed it.

i have had only one rattle, and its not from the dash on my rx330.

obviously, the power issue has been resolved and the hesitation...i cant say that i think they changed it. Im pretty sure its basically the same transmission, (its not from the engines), both 5 speed. Mostly likely though, it has been fixed because the rx330 had a TSB recall-ish thing that fixed it.

In browsing the various forums and posts on the 'net it appears that the latest TSB, and/or OEM firmware version definitely makes these hesitation/delay instances less prevalent but with a trade-off of occassional engine over-speeding due to trottle valve opening before the downshift has completed.

I have nearly 4000 miles on my 350. No dash rattles, no hesitation and I find the cabin to be very quiet (especially compared to my '01 Subaru Forester). I do have an occasional rattle coming from the cargo area. It seems to only happen when first driving the car after it has been sitting over night. I have not investigated it much because it is fairly intermittent. Otherwise, I am extremely happy with my 350.

I just turned 2000 miles on my 350. None of the issues that you mention are present in this vehicle. Perhaps when I rack up some more miles on it, the rattles will occur.

I've never owned a vehicle that didn't rattle. Want to talk rattles, let's talk about vettes!! Good gawd! I've owned two of them and had to shove pieces of thin foam in the cracks to help stop the noise. I guess though you don't buy a vette for the quiet ride..

Ron..