Factory Amp Killing Battery!

My 95 Es factory amp is killing my battery if I let the car sit for more than 16 hours. What can I replace the amp with in terms of a swap from a different or same model dif year Lexus? Or is there a cheap way out to replace it these days?

THANKS

how do you know?

I don't beleive it is the amp that is draining your battery. Do further tests.

I checked for a draw and that is where it was coming from! I then brought the car to a car stereo/alarm shop (friend) and told him nothing except something was killing the battery when it sat and he came up with the same thing! He told me it wasnt the first Lexus to have this problem and come to his shop. I then unplugged the amp for a few days and left the car sitting and no problem!

It may be a faulty trigger but not the amp.

Anythign common shows up on this forum and i have never heard of this type of problem traced to the amp.

A faulty trigger? Does the radio trigger the amp? I checked on ALDATA and it shows the amp also has a constant power!

Just to rule things out, I pulled the dome lights, trunk light, glove box light and the battery still died! Oh and yes I replaced the battery.

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Ok here it is, I took the amp out and have NOT had a problem since. I found another Amp and installed that drove around for a few days (not continuosly) :whistles: and did NOT hve any problems. I then parked the car for three days and and still NO problem. I then returned to the shop and no draw was found. After all this it was the stupid little factory AMP!

Thanks

UPDATE

Ok here it is, I took the amp out and have NOT had a problem since. I found another Amp and installed that drove around for a few days (not continuosly):whistles: and did NOT hve any problems. I then parked the car for three days and and still NO problem. I then returned to the shop and no draw was found. After all this it was the stupid little factory AMP!

Thanks

Thanx for the info, I am sure someone will use this in the future. :cheers:

Did you find out what it is in the amp that causes this ?

UPDATE

Ok here it is, I took the amp out and have NOT had a problem since. I found another Amp and installed that drove around for a few days (not continuosly):whistles: and did NOT hve any problems. I then parked the car for three days and and still NO problem. I then returned to the shop and no draw was found. After all this it was the stupid little factory AMP!

Thanks

Thanx for the info, I am sure someone will use this in the future. :cheers:

Did you find out what it is in the amp that causes this ?

I can send it in to Pioneer and they will check it out but I would have to pay to get it fixed and the results!