Dealer Applied Sealant/protectant For $600

Hi fellas,

Just got my IS250AWD in tungsten pearl last week. They tried to sell me this clear coat sealant/protectant that is

"chemically bonded on a molecular level to the paint to protect it and actually repells foreign material including dirt, bug stains, and paint. They those things can be simply wiped off if this sealant is on the paint"

I didn't believe them, anyways I thought they said it is guaranteed for as long as I owned the car (or 5 years...) I can't remember. Is there such a thing and what is it?

BTW anyone have comments on the Black Magic Wet Shine liquid wax? It was a best pick on this month's Consumer Reports. I'm really just looking for how it compares to other products on this forum with regard to the durability...

Hi fellas,

Just got my IS250AWD in tungsten pearl last week. They tried to sell me this clear coat sealant/protectant that is

"chemically bonded on a molecular level to the paint to protect it and actually repells foreign material including dirt, bug stains, and paint. They those things can be simply wiped off if this sealant is on the paint"

I didn't believe them, anyways I thought they said it is guaranteed for as long as I owned the car (or 5 years...) I can't remember. Is there such a thing and what is it?

BTW anyone have comments on the Black Magic Wet Shine liquid wax? It was a best pick on this month's Consumer Reports. I'm really just looking for how it compares to other products on this forum with regard to the durability...

I remember reading on autopia that Toyota offers xylion (paint sealer) that was to last 5 years; but for the price....

I do not put much faith in CR. There wax tests is ok for the average joe, but for serious people who want serious products, not the best test to go by.

Agreed, pass on it. You can pay a detailer to fully detail the car twice a year for 2 years for that money, and you'll get quality work and protection.

There is NO paint protectant that can last 5 years on a car, 6 months is a stretch for anything.