Ewwwwwwww!

Lexusfreak

Buddy of mine nailed a Skunk in his Forester tonight & apparently the car just reaks something aweful now. :blink: Just curious if anyone knows of any products available out there to get the Pepe le Pew smell out? :ph34r: This might come in handy for me down the road.......since my work has moved to the sticks & these little buggers are all over the place.

:cheers:

Buddy of mine nailed a Skunk in his Forester tonight & apparently the car just reaks something aweful now. :blink: Just curious if anyone knows of any products available out there to get the Pepe le Pew smell out? :ph34r: This might come in handy for me down the road.......since my work has moved to the sticks & these little buggers are all over the place.

:cheers:

Hydrogen peroxide is the main ingredient in commercial skunk scent remover--AND it's dirt cheap.

1. Fill a spray bottle with hydrogen peroxide, and spray the affected part of your car.

2. You'll know you've found the source of the odor when you see the peroxide foaming.

3. Don't forget to spray your tires!

4. Wipe the peroxide off quickly, as it has the potential to bleach some surfaces.

lol...why not just bring the car to a gas station car wash and do it over and over and over again...that is if they are a dollar once like here.

and the window idea is good...maybe get some sort of lysol spray

I guess from the previous posts about leaving the windows open, and continually washing the car.....you guys don't have a clue about skunk odors!

The skunk spray is oil-based and therefore the main thing is to get rid of this foul smelling oil and that's why I suggested using a chemical to dissolve it.

Your suggestions won't do squat!! :chairshot:

lol...why not just bring the car to a gas station car wash and do it over and over and over again...that is if they are a dollar once like here.

and the window idea is good...maybe get some sort of lysol spray

I guess from the previous posts about leaving the windows open, and continually washing the car.....you guys don't have a clue about skunk odors!

The skunk spray is oil-based and therefore the main thing is to get rid of this foul smelling oil and that's why I suggested using a chemical to dissolve it.

Your suggestions won't do squat!! :chairshot:

Skunks are the worst !!! :censored: I hit one 20 years ago and I can remember like it is today..............

i dont know what kind of skunks you guys have, but here in san francisco, with the famous golden gate park, your lucky if you dont kill anything everytime you drive through it. the skunk smell simply goes away after a nice wash. If the skunk smell comes from an oil...then soap technically will dissolve it...hence you use it on your body to get rid of your body oils.

i dont know what kind of skunks you guys have, but here in san francisco, with the famous golden gate park, your lucky if you dont kill anything everytime you drive through it. the skunk smell simply goes away after a nice wash. If the skunk smell comes from an oil...then soap technically will dissolve it...hence you use it on your body to get rid of your body oils.

This is the kind of skunks we have here:

busyskunk.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You guys have it easy, washing skunk smell off a car! Couple of years ago my dog cornered a skunk in the back yard, with predictable results. She came back in with the biggest grin I've ever seen on her, and her eyes were watering and she was foaming at the mouth. In about 1/2 a second the whole house stank. I hauled her sorry butt into the bathtub, and in my limited repertoire of cleaning goods I found Simple Green the only thing that would work. She got bathed in straight Simple Green, with about a million rinsings, and then I got the carpet shampooer out and cleaned the carpets. In about one hour the house and the dog (mostly) got back to normal. By the morning the smell was completely gone. So there you have it. Simple Green works in a pinch. Shampoo is okay as well. Oh, I might add my dog was mad at me for a whole day afterward. Seems I ruined her evening...... :lol: