Klasse All In One - Prep

I have 2004 ES330 that I bought about a month ago from a non-Lexus dealer. Water beads on the car, but I have no idea exactly what has been applied, when, or how much. The dealer told me that they get a car in, they do a thorough cleaning, but do not do a wax job.

My order of Klasse All-In-One should be here any day and I want to be sure that I prep the car correctly before applying. I assume that water beads on the car because there is some amount of wax remaining. Can I apply Klasse directly over this wax after washing or do I need to wash the car with something that will remove the wax so Klasse will be applied to the paint?

Thanks,

Wyatt

AIO will remove wax since it has cleaners in it.

I would also clay it. Then after AIO I would add the LSP; then a nuba if you want some gloss.

Thanks. I grok clay and nuba, but have no idea what LSP is...

AIO will remove wax since it has cleaners in it.

I would also clay it. Then after AIO I would add the LSP; then a nuba if you want some gloss.

Thanks. I grok clay and nuba, but have no idea what LSP is...

LSP = last step product......aka sealants

AIO is no prep but a good cleaning. Eventually you'll get into claybar & polishing before hand.

AIO the car in the wipe on wipe off method. From there, apply SG in the same manner. Come back the next day & apply more SG. Wash the car if it's been anywhere.

AIO is no prep but a good cleaning. Eventually you'll get into claybar & polishing before hand.

AIO the car in the wipe on wipe off method. From there, apply SG in the same manner. Come back the next day & apply more SG. Wash the car if it's been anywhere.

Correct but you can go right to LSP if you have a good finish (no marring, swirls etc) and work very well. AIO is a chemical paint cleaner to prep the surface AND it puts down a little bit of acrylic protection (synthetic wax). SG is a more heavy-duty acrylic sealant (synthetic wax) with no cleaning ability.

If not (very clean to start), I would do clay,polish or Optimum Compound, then polish, the LSP then some nub for gloss/depth/reflection.

But then again I have had GREAT success with JW twins; beats Klasse hands down. Then top with some Clearkote Quik shine, PB natty's blue or Butter Wet wax....dripping wet baby!

SG is too finicky for me and after a few rains it is dull and needs a booster (QD).

i know what aio and sg are & how they work. ;) i really like giving the SG afew hours to cure before applying more.

I agree. A few hours is good and a few additional is better. 24 hours would be what I would give it to fully cure. You might get hazing if not cured enough...

Thanks guys. I get it now.

I'm not exactly a car geek (geek in a good way) so I'm more interested in protecting the paint than I am in getting that uber-shine.

I've supplied myself with a gentle car wash, glass cleaner, a bunch of microfiber detailing and drying towels, and some AIO - and a cool $22 hose nozzle ( I am a gadget geek).

I'll do the AIO within a week and again in Sept or Oct, before winter, and then basically every 4 months or so. The bottle states that the protection is good for 6-8 months. Will an additional application of Klasse SG provide much more protection or is it more for higher gloss?

I'm not exactly a car geek (geek in a good way) so I'm more interested in protecting the paint than I am in getting that uber-shine.

I've supplied myself with a gentle car wash, glass cleaner, a bunch of microfiber detailing and drying towels, and some AIO - and a cool $22 hose nozzle ( I am a gadget geek).

I'll do the AIO within a week and again in Sept or Oct, before winter, and then basically every 4 months or so. The bottle states that the protection is good for 6-8 months. Will an additional application of Klasse SG provide much more protection or is it more for higher gloss?

I would do it every 3 to 5 months. I doubt very highly it will last that long. SG is good but lacks in some areas (depth etc). I would get some nuba (ex: Natty's Blue or maybe Collinite 825) on it and then maybe some QD (for some pop).QD would be like Clearkots is good, FK425, Poorboys S&G, Chemical Guys (many), ............

AIO is really a prep product, its not going to last that long.

If you're really looking for protection you should go to the SG if you're intent on sticking with Klasse.

• 3 weeks later...

I would do it every 3 to 5 months. I doubt very highly it will last that long. SG is good but lacks in some areas (depth etc). I would get some nuba (ex: Natty's Blue or maybe Collinite 825) on it and then maybe some QD (for some pop).QD would be like Clearkots is good, FK425, Poorboys S&G, Chemical Guys (many), ............