Serious Steering Problems

I have 93 SC400 i'm having serious steering problems, When i'm on bumpy roads or roads with grooves in it my steering wheel is all over the place now I just replaced my LCA'sand UCA's with Daizen bushing kit but during the repairs they noticed my rack was leaking so my mechanic said he can rebuild the rack for $650 including alignment i have to get it done but do you think this will resolve my problem.

i think having him rebuild the rack for that much is a bit ridiculous... i would just have a new one put in...they run about $250-$300. do you have aftermarket rims? I know that on my 300 my tires follow big grooves in the road and the steering wheel will buckle when running over some holes in the road, as long as you are driving and let go of the wheel if the car doesn't pull drastically you should be ok... i think that is normal...if not, me and you are in the same boat!

i think having him rebuild the rack for that much is a bit ridiculous... i would just have a new one put in...they run about $250-$300. do you have aftermarket rims? I know that on my 300 my tires follow big grooves in the road and the steering wheel will buckle when running over some holes in the road, as long as you are driving and let go of the wheel if the car doesn't pull drastically you should be ok... i think that is normal...if not, me and you are in the same boat!

Well to be honest thats not true when it comes the price of the rack because i called everywhere and i have the rack that has the EVO system and for some reason that is priced higher than a regular rack and thats over 400 dollars easily so him rebuilding it plus labor comes out the same pretty much I've done my research trust me, also i do have aftermarket wheels so i guess we are in the same boat