Is Mark Levison Audio On Ls430 Really Suck?

M500

I had just about enough of the ML audio system on my 06 LS430. There is obsolutely no bass and when I crank up the volume before I feel that is loud enough the sound started to distort. What is the deal with it! Is it just me or they just sucked. I just purchase a 12" woofer, set of Front & Rear MB Quartz and 2 big amps for my ML500. Maybe I should drop them in the Lexus instead as I'm only to plan on keeping my ML500 for 2 more years no more then 3 definetely.

If your looking for "boom boom" wrong sound system. It's more of an audiophile system. Mine is the best I've ever had. Could be a service issue.

Exactly. Also the distortion you hear might be something rattling in the rear parcel shelf. Some dealers take the vents out and install felt underneath them to keep them from rattling.

The ML systems need a little time to 'run in' properly, like all good hi-fi systems so depending on now much you have used it it may or may not be 'seasoned'. But ML has always been concerned with accuracy and clarity of sound; if you are looking for window shattering bass you might have to go aftermarket...

I test again last night and the speakers are alright but the bass got distorted quick as soon as I crank up the volume. If I turn the bass back to neutral then the distortion goes away but so is the bass, which wasn't really there the first place.

I don't really want to mess around with my LS430 as its my wife's car primary and I love to keep it in factory condition since I bought the bumpep2bumper extended warranty.

• 9 months later...

I too have a blown sub on the back deck.

I'm bringing car in 3/28 for warr work. ( I got car 3/20/07 ) they better replace the sub.

good luck to you, I'm already being nickle and dimed about the tires and alignment. see my other post

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...showtopic=36196

nightmare