How Many Really Care About Xm ?

dcfish

After much thought, I wouldn't pay $ for that type of service. Maybe if there was more flexability like being able to choose what songs/music I want to listen to. Kind of like the movie service ( the name escapes me ) that lets you choose what movie to watch. ;)

ON DEMAND

Yeah, That's what I said. :lol::cheers:

After much thought, I wouldn't pay $ for that type of service. Maybe if there was more flexability like being able to choose what songs/music I want to listen to. Kind of like the movie service ( the name escapes me ) that lets you choose what movie to watch. ;)

ON DEMAND

Yeah, That's what I said. :lol::cheers:

I thought that is what you said but I wasn't sure! :D

67 Channels of music over 10 genres with 60 talk/news/sports channels that you can pause, rewind, and record isn't enough choice? If you only want to watch/listen what you want to watch/listen, why pay for cable/satellite TV? Why not only watch DVDs?

Personally I find trying to think of what I want to listen to too much work, sometimes I don't know what I want to listen to. I know what I don't want to listen to, commercials.

Personally I find trying to think of what I want to listen to too much work, sometimes I don't know what I want to listen to. I know what I don't want to listen to, commercials.

AND THAT is why I do not even want it...I would flip and flip and flip the :censored: channel until I just went crazy! :D

You'd think that you would, but the stations are put together so well you really can listen to one for hours. I have my 10 presets and I never go outside of them.

You'd think that you would, but the stations are put together so well you really can listen to one for hours. I have my 10 presets and I never go outside of them.
Truer words were never spoken! I've listened to the same station on a 5 hour car ride before, and I never got bored. I have to consciously make myself channel surf since you really can listen to the same channel for hours and hours.

Everytime I get out of the car after driving either 350 miles or 3 miles, and I ask myself if I'd subscribe to XM again, and the answer is always yes. Besides, it's only like $10/month, and it makes the car ride a hell of a lot more enjoyable! B)

Yeah, I switch channels when I'm tired of a specific TYPE of music for a while LOL.

And if I get tired of music I can always tune in to Howard for a laugh (his show repeats 24-7, there's other Stern programming too but its stupid), or check in with MSNBC, CNN, or Fox News, check the weather, get the traffic, etc.

• 1 year later...
THIS IS A COPY AND PASTE FROM AN EMAIL:

Just wondering how many lexus owners really care about xm in there ride ?

We're proud to introduce an exciting new addition to our vehicles—available XM® Satellite Radio [1]. At Lexus, we focus on carefully crafting every facet of the driver and passenger experience. And now that same level of precision extends to in-vehicle entertainment.

This October, we're raising the bar on car audio again by offering factory-installed XM Satellite Radio [1], allowing drivers to access and enjoy more than 170 channels of music, talk, sports and specialty programming—all with unmatched digital clarity, and easily controlled through their vehicle's existing audio system. The 2007 LS [2] is the first Lexus that will offer this option, but soon all our vehicles will offer the choice.

Our partnership with XM Satellite Radio [1] is just another example of Lexus' passionate pursuit of the perfect sound.

We're thrilled to offer you a unique opportunity to experience the unparalleled variety and total control of XM Satellite Radio [1] for free. Just visit lexus.com to learn more about XM Satellite Radio [1] and to sign up for a Free 3-Day Trial. You'll have plenty of time to explore the benefits of XM Satellite Radio [1] and maybe even find a favorite channel.

Despite satellite radio's advanced technology, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to enjoy a Lexus sound system with available XM Satellite Radio [1]. Channels are conveniently organized by genre and easily navigable, just like standard radio stations. Finding your favorite channel is a breeze. Choosing one is the challenging part.

Rock, classic, blues, jazz, hip-hop, country, R&B, alternative, reggae, folk and more—a true music lover appreciates them all. And with XM Satellite Radio [1], music lovers have over 69 commercial-free music channels in which to revel. XM also presents over 1,000 exclusive live performances from artists such as Paul McCartney, Santana, Coldplay, Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, not to mention renowned series including Jazz at Lincoln Center and the Country Music Hall of Fame.

Besides the extensive catalog of music, XM offers enough sports content to satisfy even the biggest fans. XM features play-by-play coverage of thousands of sporting events each year including Major League Baseball®, The PGA TOUR®, NASCAR®, The US Open Tennis Tournament, FIFA® World Cup™ Soccer, NCAA athletics, and more.

XM also provides listeners with access to a myriad of diverse and exclusive talk programming. From comedy with Opie and Andy to punditry with Bill O'Reilly, commentary from Al Franken to insights by Bob Edwards, even books on tape, XM has content for every listener.

With this many options to choose from, you have yet another excuse to spend as much time as possible behind the wheel of your Lexus.

Another benefit of XM service is the available XM NavTraffic® [3], the nation's first satellite traffic data information service. XM NavTraffic enhances the Lexus voice-activated HDD Navigation System [4] with continually updated traffic information in many of America's largest cities. With more information at your disposal, you can avoid traffic congestion, accidents, road construction, and find the best route to your destination, in real time. All of which means you can get there faster. Though we'll certainly understand if you'd rather take the scenic route in your Lexus.

As you can see, with more than 170 channels and the benefits of XM NavTraffic, XM Satellite Radio [1] makes driving a Lexus even more enjoyable. Go to lexus.com and sign up for your free 3-Day Trial.

Our partnership with XM is just another example of our passionate pursuit of perfection. And it doesn't stop here. We look forward to sharing more of the innovation, performance and luxury Lexus is known for in future issues of Lexus Pursuit.

We've even created a special archive to allow you to access past issues.

How many Major League Baseball games does XM Satellite Radio offer listeners each season?

a) 100

B) 1,000

c) 27

d) More than 4860

[1] Satellite Radio service requires XM® compatibility, receiver and monthly subscription fee. See your Lexus dealer for further details. Reception of the satellite signal may vary depending on location. All fees and programming subject to change. Subscriptions subject to the terms and conditions available at www.xmradio.com. Available only in the 48 contiguous United States.

[2] In the LS 460, XM Satellite Radio and XM NavTraffic® are available only with the Lexus voice-activated HDD Navigation System.

[3] XM Satellite Radio service and XM NavTraffic subscriptions sold separately. XM NavTraffic only available in select markets. Visit www.xmradio.com for details.

[4] The Lexus HDD Navigation System is designed to assist in locating an address or point of interest. Discrepancies may be encountered between the system and your actual location. Changes in street names, road closures, traffic flow or other road system changes may affect the accuracy of the mapping software. Rely upon your common sense to decide whether to follow a specified route. Detailed coverage not available in every city. Optional periodic geographic updates available at an additional cost. See your Navigation System Owner's Manual and your Lexus dealer for further details.

[6] The Lexus DVD Navigation System is designed to assist in locating an address or point of interest. Discrepancies may be encountered between the system and your actual location. Changes in street names, road closures, traffic flow or other road system changes may affect the accuracy of the mapping software. Rely upon your common sense to decide whether to follow a specified route. Detailed coverage not available in every city. Optional periodic geographic updates available at an additional cost. See your Navigation System Owner's Manual and your Lexus dealer for details.

[9] The backup camera, available only with the navigation system, does not provide a comprehensive view of the rear area of the vehicle. You should also look around outside your vehicle and use your mirrors to confirm rearward clearance. Cold weather will limit effectiveness and view may become cloudy.

You are receiving this e-mail because **************** signed up to receive e-mail from Lexus Marketing through a prior Lexus communication. This e-mail is a monthly mailing. Lexus Marketing may also send you other Lexus news.

To unsubscribe from future e-mail from Lexus Marketing, please click here or reply to this message with UNSUBSCRIBE as the first word in the subject line.

Please note, this e-mail address is to UNSUBSCRIBE from receiving future e-mail from Lexus Marketing only and is not monitored for comments. To contact Lexus Customer Service, please call 1-800-255-3987, prompt #4.

Lexus Relationship Marketing

19001 South Western Avenue, L101

Torrance, CA 90501-1106

The information you provide is used by Lexus and its business partners to improve the services we render and to provide you with information about Lexus. It is never provided to any other company for that company's independent use. Lexus will never sell your information to any other company. Must be eighteen years or older to provide information. ©2006 Lexus.