Oil Leak

I changed my oil at Wal mart 3 weeks ago. Two weeks later, my yellow oil level light came on while driving.

Every time I park I leave a large puddle of oil. I had a mechanic take a look and he old me that there was definitely something going on with the filter. He suggested taking it back to wal mart. I took it back yesterday and watched the lube tech put on 4 different fram filters all of which gushed oil when I cranked up the car. He finally ended up putting back on the original just so I could drive back home. It still leaves a large puddle when parked. Has anyone experienced this or have any advice.

thanx

keven

Take the filter off and check the surface where the filter gasket contacts the block. Might be a small piece of the old gasket or some other bit of crud stuck there, preventing the new gasket from sealing. I've had this happen before. Scrub that surface with a scotchbrite pad (or similar - DON'T use sandpaper!!) so that it's shiny and clean. Remember to smear a little clean oil on the gasket of the new filter before you screw it back on.

You'd think the mechanic who changed the oil would have checked this... but some of them are, in my experience, just glorified grease monkies.

Hope it's just something simple like this!

tck...

Walmart is the largest oil change place in the US.

Atleast they're not jiffylube! <Insert the "ATF in the brake resivor" story>

Make sure the gasket is not stuck on the opening where the filter goes and see if that gasket got stuck on the opening, they might of left the old gasket stuck on the filter opening.