New Owner With A Few Questions

Hello All,

Glad to be part of the club. Just picked up my 2006 400h on Saturday. Still learning all the gadgets on the car.

I have a few question hopefully someone can answers

1. Is the B ever needed to be use on the shifter?

2. What is the latest NAV version. I think my was 5.0. And where is the DVD located so I can know where to remove it if I ever need to update the disk?

3. Is there anyway to input phone #'s into the phone book without transferring from a Bluetooth phone?

4. I have a Motorola SLVR and no luck trasnferring my phone numbers and I can't figure out to manually add them in.

5. Is it true, I can not make any calls while driving? Can I place a call through my phone and then use the speaker in the car? Is that possible?

6. Is there any way to bypass the question above?

7. So far I drove 1/2 gas tank and only doing about 19 MPG at about 178miles. Doesn't sound all that good.

Does it get better after awhile?

8. Can my system play MP3 CD or DVDs?

Thanks all

Kenny

i dont know all of those questions, but as a rx330 owner i do know some of them

2) i dont know the latest NAV version but the DVD is located in the trunk where the spare tire is if you ever need it.

7) It really all depends on how you treat your car during the break in period. Be light and gentle for the first few hundred miles and it will treat you right for hte rest of its life. Dont have a metal foot, just because its a hybrid doesnt meant that you can gas all you want and get good milage

8) yes it can play MP3 CDs. DVD's will only work on the NAV unit if you bought the Mark Levinson audio, with the parking brake on of course

hope this helps

i dont know all of those questions, but as a rx330 owner i do know some of them

2) i dont know the latest NAV version but the DVD is located in the trunk where the spare tire is if you ever need it.

7) It really all depends on how you treat your car during the break in period. Be light and gentle for the first few hundred miles and it will treat you right for hte rest of its life. Dont have a metal foot, just because its a hybrid doesnt meant that you can gas all you want and get good milage

8) yes it can play MP3 CDs. DVD's will only work on the NAV unit if you bought the Mark Levinson audio, with the parking brake on of course

hope this helps

This helps. Thanks for the information.

Kenny

The B position is used while descending steep inclines - helps save the brakes (although brake pads on hybrids tend to last a long, long time.

We have been averaging 25 MPG - gentle weekdays (wife), but heavy foot-weekends (me). Yours will get better as the engine breaks in.

I don't have a bluetooth phone, but we did chip in a few bucks for a service that not only guides you as to what phones are compatible, but also help you to set things up. Someday, I will get to try them out.

I burned a couple of CDs that play perfectly.

Welcome to the club!

Dave

welcome and enjoy your 400h. just for fun reset your mpg on the nav unit, i thinkyou are getting better mileage than 19, there is a learning curve to drive the hybrid for the best mpg. there is a hack for the nav unit so u can enter phone numbers and call while driving. yes you can dial out on your motorola while driving anytime and speak via bluetooth in the vehicle. the B in the gearshift will slow the 400h down going down long steep roads, like a mountain, it is not normally needed in everyday driving. you dont want to use it unless you have to because your battery is charged less in B than Drive.

the B in the gearshift will slow the 400h down going down long steep roads,

Can anyone explain this in a little more detail please? Is this a kind of computerised hill descent control, as fitted to Discos and the like, or is it a more mechanical thing (like using engine braking with lower gears)?

I'm new to these so please be patient with me :blushing:

welcome and enjoy your 400h. just for fun reset your mpg on the nav unit, i thinkyou are getting better mileage than 19, there is a learning curve to drive the hybrid for the best mpg. there is a hack for the nav unit so u can enter phone numbers and call while driving. yes you can dial out on your motorola while driving anytime and speak via bluetooth in the vehicle. the B in the gearshift will slow the 400h down going down long steep roads, like a mountain, it is not normally needed in everyday driving. you dont want to use it unless you have to because your battery is charged less in B than Drive.

I will try to reset my Nav unit. Do you know where that hack might be :whistles:

Thanks

The B position is used while descending steep inclines - helps save the brakes (although brake pads on hybrids tend to last a long, long time.

We have been averaging 25 MPG - gentle weekdays (wife), but heavy foot-weekends (me). Yours will get better as the engine breaks in.

I don't have a bluetooth phone, but we did chip in a few bucks for a service that not only guides you as to what phones are compatible, but also help you to set things up. Someday, I will get to try them out.

I burned a couple of CDs that play perfectly.

Welcome to the club!

Dave

Was the burned CD all MP3s? How many did you fit on there?

Thanks

I believe it is a form of engine breaking, because the hybrid does not use gears so it cannot lock onto say second or first gear to prevent you from going too fast, therefore it bust use the B thing and im sure it makes a false 1st gear that allows for slow descent, try it out sometime on a hill.

as for how many mp3s u can git in a CD, depends on how big the files are. CDs are 70mb so im sure you can fit at least 20 on there.

I believe it is a form of engine breaking, because the hybrid does not use gears so it cannot lock onto say second or first gear to prevent you from going too fast, therefore it bust use the B thing and im sure it makes a false 1st gear that allows for slow descent, try it out sometime on a hill.

as for how many mp3s u can git in a CD, depends on how big the files are. CDs are 70mb so im sure you can fit at least 20 on there.

I don't believe you can play MP3's on our audio system. I use a Vasitech ipod adaptor which, I find just fine.

Otherwise you can use your Regular CD's.

Full bluetooth dialing out, using car keypad, while driving, requires cutting the blue Vehicle speed sensing wire, mentioned in old threads. It is an excellent MOD.

I don't believe you can play MP3's on our audio system. I use a Vasitech ipod adaptor which, I find just fine.

Otherwise you can use your Regular CD's.

Full bluetooth dialing out, using car keypad, while driving, requires cutting the blue Vehicle speed sensing wire, mentioned in old threads. It is an excellent MOD.

Is the old thread in the rx400h forum? Didn't see it.

I will look into the Vasitech ipod adaptor. Thanks