Popping Noise

Has anyone ever experienced a wierd popping noise coming from the front end of the car when you turn the steering wheel (right/left)? I hear a popping noise whenever I am making a sharp turn like backing out of my driveway or parking in a parking lot. I dont' hear the noise when I am driving more than 15mph but when I am moving slowly, I hear the spring like popping sound. I suspect it is the CV but I am not 100% sure. I just had new suspension installed in December. New struts, springs, and bushings.

I believe that it could either be a CV or the rack and pinion. Mine was doing that a while back... when I'd turn the wheel all the way left or right. My mechanic said that my old mechanic had not tightened my new rack and pinion well enough.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that it could either be a CV or the rack and pinion. Mine was doing that a while back... when I'd turn the wheel all the way left or right. My mechanic said that my old mechanic had not tightened my new rack and pinion well enough.

I'm also having a similar problem with my car, I went Sullivan and they told me that Right CV Joint is broken and quoted around 500$. Is it a reasonable price or should I get the Axle itself replaced, for a higher price which will include CV joint for little more money.

I'm also having a similar problem with my car, I went Sullivan and they told me that Right CV Joint is broken and quoted around 500$. Is it a reasonable price or should I get the Axle itself replaced, for a higher price which will include CV joint for little more money.

that price is way too high. you can get the entire half shaft for less than $100 at Autozone or online. It is the labor that jacks the price up as it is about an hour and half job. Find an independent to put it in. Where in the Bay State are you. I can recommend someone for you.

steviej

• 1 month later...

Yeeesh, I was quoted $400 years ago to replace both my axles LoL!

Right I had both of mine done including labor for $230.00. (50 for each axel and 130 for labor not to bad.)

Hello godfather18, could you please let me know, how you got that less price. Was it the CV boot for both Driver and passenger side?? and did you get it from Autozone and got it fixed from a dealer??