Steering Wheel Swap Question?

Anyone swap out there steering wheel for a better looking model and if so which? I like the look of the LS wheel but it don't look close enough for a fit! Maybe a newer model ES?

Same question applies to the front seats!

1995 ES

Anyone swap out there steering wheel for a better looking model and if so which? I like the look of the LS wheel but it don't look close enough for a fit! Maybe a newer model ES?

1995 ES

Wow! No replies, no one swapped steering wheels or seats? :(

1995 ES

Wow! No replies, no one swapped steering wheels or seats? :(

Not to my knowledge. B) The seats especially.

:cheers:

steering wheel swaps are usually avoided as well as the air bags are not interchangable.

I did read of one thread where they did swap wheels but opted to deactivate/omit the airbag. (poor decision in my opinion).

steviej

steering wheel swaps are usually avoided as well as the air bags are not interchangable.

I did read of one thread where they did swap wheels but opted to deactivate/omit the airbag. (poor decision in my opinion).

steviej

I DON"T want to de-activate the bag! I love the looks of the wooden type wheels however! Did the Es in 95 come with a wooden type wheel?

steviej

I DON"T want to de-activate the bag! I love the looks of the wooden type wheels however! Did the Es in 95 come with a wooden type wheel?

I think the wooden type wheels on an ES were started on the 2002 model year.

steviej

I think the wooden type wheels on an ES were started on the 2002 model year.

Actually they were started in 1999 as a added option.

The only one that will definitly fit is from a 1997-2001 ES300 steering wheel and u can use ur air bag but it wont look right with it because its a different shape.

It's aways something! The wheel fits but the bag don't! :(

Oh well!

Thanks

Bill,

All hope is not lost.

Check out this company as I have heard good things about them from several members.

They can incorporate wood into your current wheel.

American-Stitches

steviej

Yeah I had them do mine and the good thing is that they had my steering wheel in stock and made it while I keep using my car. Then they sent it to me after they finish and I sent them my old wheel back.

[

Yeah I had them do mine and the good thing is that they had my steering wheel in stock and made it while I keep using my car. Then they sent it to me after they finish and I sent them my old wheel back.

If you dont mind telling, what did it cost?