400h Foglights

No,just wanted to upgrade to something that matches the headlights as far as color goes, we do not have much on Fog in So. cal so want to use more as driving lights.

Nevermind got it.Thanks anyhow

What did you get to replace them? More HID is the only thing that will match the color and I'm not sure you can use them down in that location... if you find a way let us know.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After a week and a half of no replies or help from anyone. I finally figure this out and i find out the original information I got was incorrect.

It's a H11 bulb and not 9006 like it mention on the manual or some website.

In the end I'm going to do a mini retrofit and turn it into a HID foglight, along with the quad hid setup that I'm planning to do

After a week and a half of no replies or help from anyone. I finally figure this out and i find out the original information I got was incorrect.

It's a H11 bulb and not 9006 like it mention on the manual or some website.

In the end I'm going to do a mini retrofit and turn it into a HID foglight, along with the quad hid setup that I'm planning to do

hi mowmow, did you figure out how to replace the foglight bulbs? couldyou share please.

• 1 month later...
Nope, we are really talking about foglights that are on the 06 RX 400h and mounted inside the front bumper. :)

You're kidding, right? Lexus calls those dim / half power elements 'Fog' lights ? Are you sure? Wow . . . and I thought they were useless as DRL's ... not that there are any DRL's that aren't usless. According to most every (except ones done by the DRL industry) study out there now days .. there's little, if any benefit from these things.

This is a typical example of a ton of studies posted on line:

http://www.motorists.org/drl/drlstudy08.pdf

Now I know there are still those who'll fight & die over DRL's ... and bless you & your opinion(s) if you differ. I suppose some simply add 'em for some kind of 'cool' factor ... what ever floats your 400h. First mod I did was to add a switch to shut 'em off.

:)