Rx 330 Lease Up

xfirechief

What to do, our lease is up in 4 months. We need new tires & we have a very small stone crack that was repaired in the front window.

Should we buy the car or just give it back. Will they charge me for new tires & a windshield?

Our buyout price is low so we are thinking of purchasing it. Then we can put new tires on it & drive it another 50K. They said we should purchase a exptended warranty from them for about 1K for a 3yr/50K addition.

:unsure::unsure:

ive tried leasing a few cars, and i always get shafted in the end. Its not worth it to give it back, because you made hundreds of dollars a month and you get nothing in the end, i guess thats the meaning of leasing. i would just buy the car if you are content with it, but if your like me and you cant drive a car more than 4-5 years, then buy another one if finance is not a problem

It depends. If you're going to buy a car after a lease, just buy it in the first place its cheaper, unless you have significant tax advantages if you lease. If you're going to lease, put $0 down and trade it in or sell it for profit at the end, or you're missing the point of leasing.

I'd take it around and get a sense of what the market value is vs the buyout. If its higher, buy it out and sell it and put the cash down on a new one. They will make you fix the windshield probably, but that will only cost you your comprehensive deductible. The tires should be fine.

It depends. If you're going to buy a car after a lease, just buy it in the first place its cheaper, unless you have significant tax advantages if you lease. If you're going to lease, put $0 down and trade it in or sell it for profit at the end, or you're missing the point of leasing.

I'd take it around and get a sense of what the market value is vs the buyout. If its higher, buy it out and sell it and put the cash down on a new one. They will make you fix the windshield probably, but that will only cost you your comprehensive deductible. The tires should be fine.

We lease because we do like a new vehicle about every 3 years. The salesman said thats the way to go like you said. Little down & sell it for a profit if possible. This is the 1st lease we ever did. We can buy it for 23K & sell it for say 26K, sounds like the way to go. Then we have 3K to put down on a new one.

Then we will lease again.

:) I think J. Paul Getty once said, "Never buy if you can lease," and he made a few bucks. One of the best reasons for leasing is, if you use your car in your business, you will find it easier to deduct the lease payments than to plow into the forms you need to use to depreciate the car. As for buy-out, it depends on the price. Check the online blue book services for the resale value of your car in your area. If it is lower than your buy-out price, and if you are happy with your car, you may be able to talk the dealer into lowering the buy-out. Try to talk to the Sales Manager instead of a salesman.