Matador Red Mica W/chrome Wheels=hot!

is2507pu.jpg

Got the chrome wheels installed this week. I think they look pretty good. :cheers:

Looks great :cheers:

Is your 250 AWD?

If so, any clearance issues with the 18's?

Anything rubbing when the wheel is turned all the way to one side?

• 1 year later...

That is beautiful!!! I just came back from the dealership and I decided to go with Matador Red. They got the color in the show room with the chrome rims just like yours. That made my mind up :)

by the way, is your car AWD or RWD?

I'm wondering if your wheels are 17" or 18".

They are 18" :)

Heh... I thought so... They look great.

Do they have similar chrome rims for 17"?

I'm just wondering because I'm considering getting AWD but the only thing I don't like is the 17" wheels :(

They are 18" :)

Heh... I thought so... They look great.

Do they have similar chrome rims for 17"?

I'm just wondering because I'm considering getting AWD but the only thing I don't like is the 17" wheels :(

Why 17" wheels in particular?

Because AWD only comes in 17" and 18" isn't an option. I could replace the whole set w/ 18" but that's more $$. :( I don't really need 2 sets of tires anyway.

I'm actually considering IS350 because of this reason. Besides I wanted Mark Levinson and if I want it on 250, it'll be a special order and they are asking MSRP for it. I may have more buying power if I go w/ 07 existing IS350 w/ all the options I want than special build 250.

I wonder if the 18" wheels would compromise the car stability. Otherwise, why would they have installed the 17"?

Yeah, I was wondering about that. They didn't even make it as an option. There's probably a reason...

So, I'm deciding if I should go w/ the stability or the look. :D

I wonder if the 18" wheels would compromise the car stability. Otherwise, why would they have installed the 17"?

Yeah, I was wondering about that. They didn't even make it as an option. There's probably a reason...

If you have no intention to drive it on a snowy roads the stability issue would not be that paramount.

The reason it was never an option is because the front and rear tires are different sizes when you go with the 18's.

Different size front/rear tires are not recommended on the AWD system.

You could however, run 18's on the AWD if they are the same size... which also allows you to rotate tires, which the OEM 18's cannot allow for.

The reason it was never an option is because the front and rear tires are different sizes when you go with the 18's.

You could however, run 18's on the AWD if they are the same size... which also allows you to rotate tires, which the OEM 18's cannot allow for.

================================================

Are you suggestting that there is no stability issues with the 18" on the the 250AWD?

================================================

Are you suggestting that there is no stability issues with the 18" on the the 250AWD?

If they are all the same size, I don't think there'll be a problem. I know some people have done this.

But ... if I get AWD, I'm hoping I can get better rims and make the 17" wheels look better. Anyone got nice chrome wheels on AWD??